Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

McGons

McGons

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve posted a couple of questions this week but thought I better say hello , especially since I joined the forum last year (I think)

We bought a T6 Beach with 3 seat bench last summer when the dealers had a flurry of used stock. Had a couple of overnight stays in it but none so far this year. Mostly used for day trips. We were hoping to go into Europe for our summer holiday but don’t think that will happen. We are still hoping to go somewhere in the van though so fingers crossed and hope to use the van year round.

I’ve been searching and reading lots on the forum to get ourselves ready for using the van more often. It’s not got the spec we would have liked but it’s my daily driver with kids and a springer spaniel so we’ll give it a good road test and maybe upgrade to a better spec if we feel we will use it.

We’ve decided to buy seat covers and VanEssa window bags, both ordered this week.
Trying to organise boot storage now - we have a couple of Really useful boxes from tent camping so might get more or switch to euro boxes.

Are window deflectors worth buying? I was looking at the options today.

There is so much info and lots of photos on here for ideas, I love seeing everyone’s set up!

Bev

I’ve posted a couple of questions this week but thought I better say hello , especially since I joined the forum last year (I think)

We bought a T6 Beach with 3 seat bench last summer when the dealers had a flurry of used stock. Had a couple of overnight stays in it but none so far this year. Mostly used for day trips. We were hoping to go into Europe for our summer holiday but don’t think that will happen. We are still hoping to go somewhere in the van though so fingers crossed and hope to use the van year round.

I’ve been searching and reading lots on the forum to get ourselves ready for using the van more often. It’s not got the spec we would have liked but it’s my daily driver with kids and a springer spaniel so we’ll give it a good road test and maybe upgrade to a better spec if we feel we will use it.

We’ve decided to buy seat covers and VanEssa window bags, both ordered this week.
Trying to organise boot storage now - we have a couple of Really useful boxes from tent camping so might get more or switch to euro boxes.

There is so much info and lots of photos on here for ideas, I love seeing everyone’s set up!

Bev
Welcome, enjoy getting to know your van, we have a 2 seater Beach, love its versatility.
We have window deflectors but they aren’t for everyone.
Our personal favourite purchases are, Dometic fridge, Calicap drawer, Vanessa bags, Ridgemonkey, Rainbow screens.

Bev
Hi Bev,

I’m so sorry if you’ve posted this week and not got responses. Although I realise that isn’t what your post says.

I have window deflecta’s because I like air inflow. I close the windows fully at higher speeds and open them at lower speeds. Same as I do for the roof on the estate car. And they also help with stopping water ingress when open whilst camping.

Welcome, enjoy getting to know your van, we have a 2 seater Beach, love its versatility.
We have window deflectors but they aren’t for everyone.
Our personal favourite purchases are, Dometic fridge, Calicap drawer, Vanessa bags, Ridgemonkey, Rainbow screens.

Ooh I was looking at ridge monkey too, which one do you have? Are they worth the money? I liked the combi one with the sections but have they stopped making it, it’s not in stock anywhere? We have a safari chef and some basic camping pans but I like the way you can close the ridgemonkey up to cook.

Also looked at thermal screens but didn’t check out the rainbow ones. Do you have a topper too?

We have a Dometic R1200 3 way fridge from our tent camping so still going to use that, we bought it 2nd hand for £100 but it was like new (and still is).

Hi Bev,

I’m so sorry if you’ve posted this week and not got responses. Although I realise that isn’t what your post says.

I have window deflecta’s because I like air inflow. I close the windows fully at higher speeds and open them at lower speeds. Same as I do for the roof on the estate car. And they also help with stopping water ingress when open whilst camping.

Hi, I did get responses, I asked about the window bags before I ordered them as wasn’t sure about one of the options but I thought I should say hello too rather than just randomly asking questions on people’s posts! :)

I was thinking about the ventilation with the deflectors, when we camped last year we had so much condensation on the windscreen with 4 of us and the dog. Will they help reduce this?

Ooh I was looking at ridge monkey too, which one do you have? Are they worth the money? I liked the combi one with the sections but have they stopped making it, it’s not in stock anywhere? We have a safari chef and some basic camping pans but I like the way you can close the ridgemonkey up to cook.

Also looked at thermal screens but didn’t check out the rainbow ones. Do you have a topper too?

We have a Dometic R1200 3 way fridge from our tent camping so still going to use that, we bought it 2nd hand for £100 but it was like new (and still is).
We have 2 RidgeMonkeys, the older style & more recently the newer one the multi pan we think they are brilliant bits of kit. The club shop stocks RidgeMonkeys.
No we don’t have a external topper, but an internal brandrup iso top, it’s expensive but once fitted it stays on unlike an external topper.