Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

K

Kev56

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hopefully collecting my Ocean next week, Ive been looking forward to this for many years. Now i've taken the plunge it seems a bit daunting, i've been trawling through this site for ages and it really has been a fantastic source of information for all things California. Looking forward to the adventure.

Welcome.

We are hoping to collect ours at the end of this month or into March depending on when it arrives in the UK.

Like you I have been trawling through the wealth of information on the site. So much helpful advice.

We have had tents and caravans in the past so we do have some previous experience, but none with a campervan.

The main takeaway I have from the site so far is not to buy loads of gear in advance.
So far, all I have purchased of any significance is an unused Outdoor Revolution inflatable drive away awning, because it was such a good price and local.

As soon as this blasted weather calms down we are going to rummage through our camping trailer and see what kit survives from our camping days and what might be suitable for the Cali. Apart from crockery and cutlery, I know for sure there is one Campingaz 907 bottle in there and a Cadac Safari Chef :)

The only other thing I am considering ordering in advance is a set of tailored seat coverings as I gather the standard seat fabric is easily marked. Ukatex is the favourite so far as they look to be a good compromise between cost and functionality.