Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

P

Paul Y

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Just taken delivery of an Ocean 6.1 Have been looking for a while at conversions with a plan to buy at the CARAVAN, CAMPING AND MOTORHOME Show in Feb (Rolling Homes possible)also looked at Ford Swift Monza what a terrible build standard. Had discounted the Ocean as no freezer for the G&T ice!! or solar but after a test drive and a look around realized that in all other aspects it was perfect its my day car as well so under 2m ht is important. It seems every time a Google a question it leads me to this site so thought I should join. Upgrading from a converted Elgrand so know what the new van had to have.

Just get a Yeti cooler for your G&T ice.

Solar panels are very easy to fit.

And an ice bag on the back face for the fridge gives reliable ice cubes ;)

Welcome to the Cali driving class !

And an ice bag on the back face for the fridge gives reliable ice cubes ;)

Welcome to the Cali driving class !
A little experiment, wide mouthed flask filled with ice then put in the freezer will keep ice for approx. 48hrs, will need to see if summer temperatures have an impact on timing

As mentioned above, both things can be easily fixed. A lot of info on here about solar panels and probably more about ice cubes for G&T. You thought we were all driving around in California's without G&T's? :)

Last edited:
as said, you can make ice in the cali fridge, get an ice cube bag and a flat board,maybe a metal clip board, clip it on to the board,prop it up against the fridge back wall and hey presto,g and t ice.

Back