Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help!! No lights, water pump or step

StringyLanza14

StringyLanza14

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi everyone, I have a problem...we have no auto step, water pump, or internal lighting I've read on here that there's a fuse box underneath the drivers seat that powers these things. I've had a look and all the fuses seem fine. Did the usual turn off and on again and the unplug the blue plug remedy too, but still no success. Anyone any ideas how to resolve this as we are driving to Lanzarote on Wednesday !!

Blue plug is the usual fix-it-all - did you turn the red switch off first then remove blue plug for a couple of minutes? Other check is the battery voltage - what does control panel battery % say ?

Hi Gordon, all sorted. I was unplugging the wrong blue plug. Left it half an hour plugged it back in and hey presto. So relieved, was getting a bit worried tbh.
Thanks for the reply .
Glad all sorted. Unusual for the blue plug trick not to fix these issues!

Hi all, where is the blue plug if I ever need to unplug it ?

Hi all, where is the blue plug if I ever need to unplug it ?
It is located under the dashboard on the left side You need to look up from the footwell to see it. It turns the “brains” of the GC off when unplugged. Like a hard reboot.

It is located under the dashboard on the left side You need to look up from the footwell to see it. It turns the “brains” of the GC off when unplugged. Like a hard reboot.
@SandyR Here’s a picture to help locate it:
IMG_0205.jpeg

Back