Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help, rear bench backrest stuck - day 1

J

josto29

VIP Member
Hi to all on here, I've enjoyed reading your posts about owning/using a Cali, well Ipicked up my new ( pre reg) Cali today and it drove very well indeed, however things turned a bit sour when I was showing my son our new van, whilst trying to recline the bench seat, the black strap that comes up in the centre between the seat belt anchorage points started to recline the bench, then slipped off whatever it was round and now the seat back won't move - help !
any advice on remedy would be greatly appreciated.
I've tried to find out what its slipped off, and it looks like there is some kind of mechanism up inside the backrest, but not easy to work out where it should go.
The van centre I bought it from is a distance away, and the bed was not reclined on handover,should I try to fix or take it back to my local van centre?

thanks in anticipation joe

I'd take it back but if in the mean time you want to look at it, the seat base actually hinges upwards (normally used to get the seat belt receivers down and up)

To allow it to come all the way, just remove the restraining strap that can be seen on the side of the bench/bed nearest the kitchen units. Relatively easily accessed if you take out the small removable panel on the end design for feeding long objects through from the boot. (Ski's etc)

Watch cabinets and trim when you lift it up... Don't want to scratch anything :)

Hope this helps.

M

Many thanks for your help and advice 'simply dubs', I took your advice and took it back to the dealer who is sorting the problem.

thanks again,

josto29

Back