Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help Urgent Please

N

nickandemma

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Our control knob no longer works, we took delivery of a new one from the excellent accessory shop and I've downloaded the instructions and photo guide. However, we cannot get the blasted box out, it is well and truly stuck. It's urgent as we are due to go from England to France on Saturday morning and then tour around Belgium/Holland/Germany. I'm in Essex and don't know of anyone who can help. Does anyone have an ideas please - my one and only short holiday this summer is in jeopardy! Thanks in advance, Emma.

Just lever it out, trim tools are best but plastic tyre levers will do it.
Some pictures of removal here, and a post herem

Last edited:
That is a real sickener.
We plan get away and its jeopardised because of
a faulty knob.

When you think about it, that knob is one of the most important things
on the van. It should be bullet proof.

So I managed to get the box out with a lot of force and have disconnected the wires, but they are so tight I have no idea how I'll ever get them reconnected. This is turning out to be a horrid job and I'm pretty sure the holiday is cancelled!

Reconnecting the wires is easy you have done the awkward bit.

2 or 3 plugs on the back of the panel.

Don't say that you've pulled the face off the panel and you see a band of wires :headbang

It's all sorted folks! Well kind of anyway. We got the box out but in doing so damaged the clips on the side, so our gorgeous new control panel is held in place by good old gaffer tape! I don't care as we can go on holiday....! Also that final small plug would not hold, the wires are so tight! But as it controls the fridge and I'm going to need some chilled booze after today, I finally managed to hold it in place whilst reconnecting the other 2 plugs. Thanks for all the advice, particularly Jason at SMG Cowfold......now I'm off to France!

Back