Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

help - water pump

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All
About to go to Scotland on Saturday and whilst testing everything out came across this snag.
Filled water tank, turned tap on, tap clicked, pump started for about 2secs before blowing fuse. Changed fuse and same again but no pump noise just blew fuse on switching on tap.
Is it likely to be water pump? Just a case of refitting new pump (great thread on here showing me how)?
2012 Cali I bought privately in October 2016. Little used - first time I've used tap to be honest.
Thanks in advance for any tips.
Aztec

Hi All
About to go to Scotland on Saturday and whilst testing everything out came across this snag.
Filled water tank, turned tap on, tap clicked, pump started for about 2secs before blowing fuse. Changed fuse and same again but no pump noise just blew fuse on switching on tap.
Is it likely to be water pump? Just a case of refitting new pump (great thread on here showing me how)?
2012 Cali I bought privately in October 2016. Little used - first time I've used tap to be honest.
Thanks in advance for any tips.
Aztec
Hi Azteccamper, had this happen to me last week on my 2008 California...filled water tank ran pump 2 mins then fuse blew (fuse bugger to find under passenger seat) renewed fuse and it blew as soon as tap turned on....so stripped tap unit out and stripped down....well fiddly job.....all ok.....made tool and removed lid of water tank.....pulled pump out and and found it to be seized thus blowing fuses.....purchased new 12v whale pump from flea bay (£12)......easy fit job once I'd filed down the hose adaptor sleeve on the new pump to make delivery hose a good fit......hope that helps..........Janno

Hi Azteccamper, had this happen to me last week on my 2008 California...filled water tank ran pump 2 mins then fuse blew (fuse bugger to find under passenger seat) renewed fuse and it blew as soon as tap turned on....so stripped tap unit out and stripped down....well fiddly job.....all ok.....made tool and removed lid of water tank.....pulled pump out and and found it to be seized thus blowing fuses.....purchased new 12v whale pump from flea bay (£12)......easy fit job once I'd filed down the hose adaptor sleeve on the new pump to make delivery hose a good fit......hope that helps..........Janno
Cheers Janno. Job for tomorrow evening!

All done this morning Janno. Works a treat. Hardest part was getting wires of new pump back up through rubber grommet! And thanks to Hotel California - useful links as usual.

Glad you could sort it out yourself , dealer probally charge you 10x more and chances are your interieur comes back dirty as hell....

All done this morning Janno. Works a treat. Hardest part was getting wires of new pump back up through rubber grommet! And thanks to Hotel California - useful links as usual.
Well done Buddy..... Yes the cable through the gland is a bit fiddly... Bit of push n pull technology eh.......Janno