Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help, what is this little plug?

markusschork

markusschork

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Can anyone help me identify where this little plug comes from?
Found it in our new Ocean a day after handover.

871842F6-AAF5-420F-8A67-6FFAD52580D0.jpeg

Did you fit this part? I also found this on my garage floor but still couldn’t see where to fit it?

Looks like the bump stop on back of bed to stop rear seat fouling seat belts.
It’s too flat for that. The bed bump stops are conical on one end and a rounded bump on the other.
Also the OP wouldn’t have them on a T6.1 as the bed base is different.

I don’t have an Ocean to check on but I seem to recall there are some rubber buffers like that on the door where the table fits.
Or is it the rear edge of the front panel of the underseat draw where it touches the bed base?

Last edited:
I just spotted this post in a totally different thread, so wondering if @Meoncoast may be able to shed some light…

ED47955C-45F2-4133-BE26-DA7BACAA882B.jpeg

I just spotted this post in a totally different thread, so wondering if @Meoncoast may be able to shed some light…
Up to T6.1 it used to be a standard question - there was a pair of rubber buffers on the front edge of the metal grid bed base that regularly fell off. In fact so regularly that I still have them sitting on my desk so they don't get lost despite selling that van nearly two years ago.

I don't recall anyone ever asking about the one shown in @markusschork photo.

Here's the old bed base one just to rule it out:
IMG_4743.jpeg

I’m not sure if this is the location for it but there’s a hole in the side of the bench seat that the bung fits in perfectly. I’m guessing it’s not the correct place for it haha

C0A41456-9CCA-4A5B-A3FD-51FE27D32552.jpeg

It goes pointy side first into the top of the driver or passenger door.
1b29f5b10722a67f4daa0ceec4d1ae08.jpg

@Curryzz the hole that you refer to is a lesser known feature where, with the bench sliding handle pulled out, you can (carefully) insert a thin rod/ screwdriver and it will hold open the mechanism and allow the bed to slide freely.

I can’t remember the original post on this forum which highlighted this feature - I think it may have been in response to someone asking about how to move the bench if they are struggling with the usual ‘sit and walk’ approach.

Back