Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under hob sliding door catch

M

MauriceG’Rage

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Working through the minor problems in our recently acquired 2021 Ocean . . I've replaced the catch that's part of the left hand sliding cupboard door under the hob - I gather this is a common failure where the hook part snaps off; only to find that the other part of the catch, the part that's part of the side wall of the cupbard, is also broken. I've managed to identify it as a "closing element" and I've got one on order - isn't VW plastic expensive? - but can't see how to remove and fit the offending part. I wouldn't think think this is a common failure, but is there anyone who can help?

Hi

Ive just had my catch snap off did you order the new one from VW?

Thanks

FYI I had a new one supplied by VW under warranty. However I repaired the broken one with Araldite and it’s still holding up. (Possibly stronger now?) Keeping the new one as a spare.

Working through the minor problems in our recently acquired 2021 Ocean . . I've replaced the catch that's part of the left hand sliding cupboard door under the hob - I gather this is a common failure where the hook part snaps off; only to find that the other part of the catch, the part that's part of the side wall of the cupbard, is also broken. I've managed to identify it as a "closing element" and I've got one on order - isn't VW plastic expensive? - but can't see how to remove and fit the offending part. I wouldn't think think this is a common failure, but is there anyone who can help?
1DD938D6-69F0-4304-967B-77755A86D28C.png
Tricky, does it clip in somehow ? You will see when you get the part, no 17, if there are screw holes. I think the fridge will have to come out to get behind if it does.

Thanks for that we have the left hand catch broken. I have ordered and will take a look when it arrives.

Thanks for that we have the left hand catch broken. I have ordered and will take a look when it arrives.
If it’s the part that screws onto the door, that’s only 3 small Allen screws, won’t take 5 minutes to change.

View attachment 106607
Tricky, does it clip in somehow ? You will see when you get the part, no 17, if there are screw holes. I think the fridge will have to come out to get behind if it does.
3 torx head screws reached from inside the cupboard. When fitting the new one I found it easiest to partially fit the screws, then position the catch (it lines itself up) and then screw tight. Easy job. Certainly no need to remove the fridge!!

3 torx head screws reached from inside the cupboard. When fitting the new one I found it easiest to partially fit the screws, then position the catch (it lines itself up) and then screw tight. Easy job. Certainly no need to remove the fridge!!
No, it’s not that bit, that’s part 10, part 17 is the bit with the semi- circular hole that part 10 goes into, on the side of the cupboard.

They are very badly designed. We’ve got through two of them and stopped.

Instead we have put a little stopper in the bottom rail of the left door. This stops the right door from moving too far left which makes it tricky to slide back.

They are very badly designed. We’ve got through two of them and stopped.

Instead we have put a little stopper in the bottom rail of the left door. This stops the right door from moving too far left which makes it tricky to slide back.
BlueTack in the bottom guide makes for a quick cheap remedy.