Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to VW Extended Warranty?

G

gshughes

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
After a year of ownership (2009, 2.5 TDI, 130 SE), I just got a quote to extend the VW extended warranty that I received on purchase. Costs range from £750 to £1,500 for a further years cover which seems a lot given that the maximum value of a claim is £2,500. Does anyone have any suggestions of alternative providers who would be worth approaching for a quote? Apologies if this has been covered before, I did a search but couldn't find anything. Many thanks.

I agree with your observations. I work out the cost of repair v the likelihood / chance / frequency of something big failing, put money in a savings account, if nothing fails within your time frame .... :bananadanceso, your lower quote £750 a year into ... an ISA ...

Rgrds,

Rob H.

Whatever you do I would avoid Warranty Wise - inherited a policy via purchasing a second hand car (it's not the Cali!). When you need to claim, watch them try every angle to decline the claim. The garage that was trying to claim on my behalf advised that they have never had a successful claim via Warranty Wise.

First of all it was declined because the part wasn't listed. After it was pointed out it was they wanted copies of the service history and because one of the services some 45k miles ago was slightly over the recommended limit they declined a fuel pump claim.

I realise that warranty companies have to make a profit, however they shouldn't be allowed to offer a warranty on a car they would never pay out on.

Phew, rant over!

p.s. I agree with Rob H, I'd just put an amount away monthly then if it's not used it's party time!

I just got a quote from warranty direct -£289 and it will cover repairs up to the value of the vehicle. Seems like a no brainier compared to the VW extended warranty.

Being able to get a VW technician to look at problems with the VW assist that came as part of the warranty was useful a couple of times though.

I just got a quote from warranty direct -£289 and it will cover repairs up to the value of the vehicle. Seems like a no brainier compared to the VW extended warranty.

Being able to get a VW technician to look at problems with the VW assist that came as part of the warranty was useful a couple of times though.
Have you checked on line regarding customers experience of WD?
That's all I am going to say!

Call me cynical...........
20% of that goes to Mr Osborne as VAT, = £240 ish left
Advertising and marketing and admin to sell you and set-up the policy £50? = £190
Expected gross profit on a £289 sale £60? leaves £130
Admin cost (wages, offices, phones, email etc) of actually making a claim = £40? leaves £90

which buys you about an hour of labour at your VW van centre.

What am I missing?

Back