Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
hello Folks
Got the calli for a week or 2 now
and finally time to post some pictures....:embarrased
allready did some "upgrades"
and been for a 3 day "maiden" test trip to a dutch kamp site on the "veerse meer"
All went well , except I found the thin matress on the "upper deck" way to uncomfertable
for my liking ...thinking off a inflateble matress on longer trips...
IMG_20160724_204405.jpg IMG_20160724_204431.jpg IMG_20160724_204354.jpg IMG_20160722_090421.jpg IMG_20160722_090330.jpg IMG_20160722_090412.jpg

Nice, any reason for not buying the wind out awning ?
We don't use it a lot but i see you using a tarp on the first trip already .
Think the wind out awning is very easy to use . I use it the most on rainy days...just wind out 30cm...keeps the sliding door rainfree when getting in and out.
Anyway , enjoy it and wave if we pass allong!

Hello and nice looking van! like your b-pillar&your colour!
have fun!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi has your Cali got a manual roof?

Very nice, same colour as mine :thumb
Also like the B pillar, gotta do that to mine :D

Looks like a Coast but without the badges on the sides. Any reason for taking them off, or didn't you get them?

Hello Folks
Yes it's a coast (with hand raised roof as it is a 1800 euro option on a coast....)
The reason I took the badges of (including the silver California logo on the rear)
Is because I want it to be a "STEALTH" camper...
Same reason I have no wind out awning (answering

SORRY site got stuck..
answering to HC question ...
I intend to do a lot of music festivals , and if the parking guard sees that you have a camper , you sometimes get refused and have to go to the camping site, witch is first more costley and second , Always more than a mile away from the festival itself...
I know most off us can spot a Calli from mils away , but people that are not into campers would'nt spot the differance between a transporter or a calli , if they fellover it.. :)

SORRY site got stuck..
answering to HC question ...
I intend to do a lot of music festivals , and if the parking guard sees that you have a camper , you sometimes get refused and have to go to the camping site, witch is first more costley and second , Always more than a mile away from the festival itself...
I know most off us can spot a Calli from mils away , but people that are not into campers would'nt spot the differance between a transporter or a calli , if they fellover it.. :)

Good idea.

Van looks great, visually much better without the awning. However, I lost the argument with Mrs over that one :D

Van looks great, visually much better without the awning. However, I lost the argument with Mrs over that one :D
Lol
Same here took some convincing also
Mind you she did get a point as we were setting the awning up for the first time..
A bit more hassle than with the wind out....I think...
I think on short stops , for picknick's or so a wind out has its benifits..
Might pick one up if I see a "bargain" second hand one and just put it on if going on camping holidays...
for the moment its fine as it is..
Its my only car also and therefore 90percent car..10 percent camper....
cheers
Peter

I also like the look more without the wind out awning but it comes handy sometimes and thats what counts.
If i wanted i good looking car i be buying someting else....

Peter ! Congratz !!!! Looks nice . Haven't seen you driving round yet but think we wil bump into each other soon . Been on a few trips and both up & down beds are not to our liking. Looking to use inflate decathlon mats in the cali .

image.jpeg

Hop onto calitop.eu and look for their inflatable bed mattress. We just got one and I can highly recommend it along with many other tidbits on their website. However, DO NOT LEAVE IT UP TOP WHEN CLOSING THE ROOF. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looks really good - and very nice wheels. I also like the 'stealth' idea, but most Cali's in the UK come out of the factory with awnings (mine was an ex-demonstrator) so it was already there and, I have to say, it is useful. There are lots of California-specific bed options, but I purchased a very thick memory foam double mattress topper (it is like a mattress itself!) much cheaper than any of the Cali accessories. I then trimmed it to size and it lives rolled up in the back of the Cali - it takes up a bit of space but is absolute luxury to sleep on whether using up or downstairs.

hello Folks
Got the calli for a week or 2 now
and finally time to post some pictures....:embarrased
allready did some "upgrades"
and been for a 3 day "maiden" test trip to a dutch kamp site on the "veerse meer"
All went well , except I found the thin matress on the "upper deck" way to uncomfertable
for my liking ...thinking off a inflateble matress on longer trips...
View attachment 15344 View attachment 15345 View attachment 15346 View attachment 15347 View attachment 15348 View attachment 15349
Can I ask you how you got the ocean sticker off the side?

de
Can I ask you how you got the ocean sticker off the side?
I asked te dealer......;)
But a good hairdryer usually does the trick
heat it up till the sticker turns bubbly then peel off with finger nail
and clean off left over glue with wd 40 or so...
cheers
Peter

Hey Peter , same here . I asked the dealer and they took the sticker off with hot air . How you getting on ? We've been all over the place with our cali . Had any problems ? Our door seal is coming lose on passengee side but otherwise it's been super . Gone/going to pukkelpop ?

Hey Peter , same here . I asked the dealer and they took the sticker off with hot air . How you getting on ? We've been all over the place with our cali . Had any problems ? Our door seal is coming lose on passengee side but otherwise it's been super . Gone/going to pukkelpop ?
Hello Martin
Just got back from a major road trip from the south of europe
We did 5060km in 11 days!!
The trip took us to France (les landes) Spain (pyrenees ,north west coast and inland spain) and north off Portugal
Was a real nice holiday but unfortionally managed to dent the car in a underground parking garage in Pamplona (Spain)
NEVER EVER EVER park your calli there Martin It was all but inpossible to get out...
Or even a underground over here ..I've learnt my lesson the hard way...:(
Luckely I'm inshured (omnium) so the car will be as new somewhere next week.
But I'm thinking off some side protection as side bars or wheel arch covers....
Anyody got any sites where they got some black ones (diam 74mm) at a good price
or some wheel arch protektors?
cheers
Peter

thumbnail_IMG_20160818_102955.jpg