Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi all, returning to VW campers after many a year!

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Very pleased to join this forum.

My wife and I bought our first VW camper (a 1990 T3) back in '94 in a 'pre-settling down' phase to tour Europe and the UK. We owned it for 2 years and had a wonderful time enjoying one trip of 6 months non-stop, happy memories indeed.

Since then I did (very briefly) own another T3 (imported Westfalia California from Germany) and a T4 which I got halfway through a DIY conversion but did not keep them.

Now at that stage (kids 12 and 8) that we have decided let's go for it before the kids get any bigger.

Very hard to get our head round the costs involved now - our T3 was a four year old van back in '94 and even with a brand new Leisuredrive high-top conversion it only cost £8500! It is still alive too (G257 VHX) and probably still worth a good part of that.

So, a new (or nearly new - seems to make virtually no difference with California residuals) Beach is what we are looking for.

Funny thing is though given the residuals we actually worked out that selling our two current cars and buying a £35k Beach will actually only cost around £500 a year more due to the lack of depreciation, less servicing etc.

Man maths! :thumb

Welcom , so yet another experienced camper entering the forum .
Can't wait to hear for all sorts of tips&tricks ...