Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to me 2007 California

Painted Pilgrim

Painted Pilgrim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi, After selling our T3 westfalia a couple of years ago we've been without a campervan until now.
Ive just bought a 2007 California 130SE in my favourite colour which I'm well happy with. What a world apart from the somewhat prehistoric T3 and hopefully more reliable.
It's in really nice condition for a 15 year old vehicle with 95k and full service history. There are a couple of small issues with it but I got it for a good price so fingers crossed. Not keen on the wheels but they're easily changed.
Old boy I bought it from hasn't used it much and the leisure battery appers flat, I shall charge it but expect to have to fit a new one.
So impresssed with the conversion, can see why the cali's are so sought after, cant wait to get out in it and we plan a family trip round the NC500 over christmas!
I expect there'll be lots of newbie questions coming but hopefully I wont have too many issues with it.
Thanks
Richard

camper.jpg

Hi, After selling our T3 westfalia a couple of years ago we've been without a campervan until now.
Ive just bought a 2007 California 130SE in my favourite colour which I'm well happy with. What a world apart from the somewhat prehistoric T3 and hopefully more reliable.
It's in really nice condition for a 15 year old vehicle with 95k and full service history. There are a couple of small issues with it but I got it for a good price so fingers crossed. Not keen on the wheels but they're easily changed.
Old boy I bought it from hasn't used it much and the leisure battery appers flat, I shall charge it but expect to have to fit a new one.
So impresssed with the conversion, can see why the cali's are so sought after, cant wait to get out in it and we plan a family trip round the NC500 over christmas!
I expect there'll be lots of newbie questions coming but hopefully I wont have too many issues with it.
Thanks
Richard

View attachment 101253
Welcome here.
It looks in nice condition. Any pics of the inside?

Thanks
Richard

View attachment 101253
Welcome.
You said you might have to change the Leisure Battery. Be aware there are 2 x Leisure Batteries. One under the front passenger seat and one under the rear wardrobe accessed via a panel on the L side of the boot.
The Varta LA80 is a direct replacement for both of them.

It's not a conversion .looks good though

Thanks
Richard

View attachment 101253
Happy travels in your new van!

Welcome aboard. I too have recently acquired my first california 2007 MY having previously owned a very nice converted T5 and prior to that a T25 (!) syncro.
let us know how you get on!

Welcome, we sold our T25 last year after 14 years and just bought a 2009 SE, our first California. Similarly hoping for better reliability and the design of the cali interior is such an improvement.

Welcome.
You said you might have to change the Leisure Battery. Be aware there are 2 x Leisure Batteries. One under the front passenger seat and one under the rear wardrobe accessed via a panel on the L side of the boot.
The Varta LA80 is a direct replacement for both of them.
Thanks, I wasn't aware there is 2 batterys. I assume always replace both? Is the Varta the best option?

Welcome aboard. I too have recently acquired my first california 2007 MY having previously owned a very nice converted T5 and prior to that a T25 (!) syncro.
let us know how you get on!
I looked at a few "professional" conversions but nothing seems to come close to the factory Cali

Not a conversion? I don't understand sorry
By convention the VW California is not termed as a conversion as it is built as a California by VW in a dedicated factory rather than converted from another vehicle type, such as a Transporter .

Thanks, I wasn't aware there is 2 batterys. I assume always replace both? Is the Varta the best option?
The Varta LA80 is the OEM replacement. There are other makes but the physical dimensions HxWxD is the limiting factor. Both batteries should be same output and age.

Back