Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi everybody - it's ordered!!!

C

CazzyH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello everybody, we are complete novices and have just ordered our first camper van a California Ocean, now the long wait begins!! Found this site really useful as I prepare a long list of things we need!!

I'm sure I'll be asking loads of silly questions over the coming months.

I've never done anything like this before, so hopefully this works!!

Congratulations... I feel like I'm in the same position, just ordered and worried about all the options and what's included and not. Especially as we have gone TSI. But we are also enjoying looking at how we can kit the van out ;-) good luck

Welcome , lots of info on this forum , we suspect that even some VW dealers come here to "search" info on how a Cali functions ....:D

Very exciting, but the wait....... I can tell you it will enhance the excitement!!

Be patient before you buy too much stuff though. If you do buy before you take delivery of your Cali keep it to essentials like hook up lead etc otherwise there is a danger that you buy stuff and soon after it ends up on here or ebay.....

Oh, almost forgot! :welcome

Hello everybody, we are complete novices and have just ordered our first camper van a California Ocean, now the long wait begins!! Found this site really useful as I prepare a long list of things we need!!

I'm sure I'll be asking loads of silly questions over the coming months.

I've never done anything like this before, so hopefully this works!!

Welcome, and ask away, there are no silly questions although you may get loads of silly answers :D

One thing you have already been warned about, be careful on what you stock up on during the wait. I have spent the last four years trying to empty a large walk-in cupboard of all those "indispensable items" that I knew I could never do without and which so far are still lying there unused :mad:

My wife has just mentioned the B word for our new van. I'm cool with that...looks a bit too masculine at the moment.
Careful.......Fairy Lights next ;)

Welcome! I was in the same boat as you last autumn- i have rarely looked forward to anything so much, as when we picked up our van. Agree with previous posts- restrain the pre delivery purchases. You'll be surprised how little extra you really need and one person's essential is another's garage clutter. Take your time to find out what you need.

Charles

Thank you all for the warm welcome, fairy lights might be a goer , but I'm not sure I'll get away with bunting, although I did spot some "campervan" material that I'm sure I could make some bunting with.

I've found so much useful information on the forums, especially the information on travelling around Europe. I hate wishing my life away but I can't wait for next March!!!

I did it the other way round. I saw one in the dealer in Peterborough and bought it. It was registered in June and I got it in November. For 3 months I used it as a car then went to Ireland in February; cold out warm as toast inside. Then in April I went to Morocco (the deal I got covered me fully comp for there!). Filled the water tank although didn't use the waste water one. Cooked breakfast most mornings and made tea and coffee. Frigo excellent kept the lager well chilled. The air con worked a treat even in the Sahara.
When I got the ferry back to Spain I thought it was a bit expensive then realised I'd bought an open return valid for a year.
Thinking now on getting a four motion to my spec.