Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Denmark

DaNish

DaNish

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Everyone

We are looking to by a new T6 Ocean and have spent some time looking around in this forum. Looks very nice, so decided to join, even though most of the activities are in UK.

We are from Denmark, Copenhagen area, and this is to be our first Cali. We are turning 60 and still working.

Rented an Ocean Edition 204 TDI DSG last year and liked everything expect the comfort of the bedding.
So now we are looking to buy one and it is to be our only car.

Probably going for an Ocean 204 TSI DSG. The TSI partly because we have a lot of short rides in our daily use, but mostly because of the increasing tendency to blame diesel everywhere. A rather unfair blame IMO, but I am afraid that it will not go away. So probably TSI even though it will cost a lot to fuel.

Wife did not drive during the rental, but yesterday she got at chance to drive a Multivan and loved it. So Tuesday we are of to the dealer to spec the van and get a quote.

Looking forward to meet you somewhere.

We have the 204 TSI DSG and love it... nice quiet drive , definitely powerful enough, just wish we could have speced 4motion, which we couldn’t in the UK.

Have fun choosing !!

Welcome from Switzerland
Have fun choosing and even more: enjoy planning your first trips!

@Thruxton: Thank you - not many have the TSI. Can I bother with 2 questions? How is the fuel consumption? And why did you want 4Motion? I can get 4MO, but do not expect to chose it. The reason being fuel economy, more things to break and maybe a bit stiffer ride. But I would love to go to Iceland and your banned from the interior without 4 wheel drive. But I just thought it would be to much for just one trip.

Welcome , there are a few members from Denmark and we hope one day to arrange a meet in Denmark.

There are lots of discussions on 4motion on the forum , some say it's a must have some don't .
Petrol versions , there are not that much here on the forum .
If i would get a T6 i probally get a petrol version here in Belgium , was planning it but for now keeping my T5

We have done around 1100 miles and the MPG is currently 24.9 so not great, but creeping up all the time as we do longer journeys. We live in London, so do 50% of our journeys as short ones just out of London and back. We have only done one journey of 220 miles down to north Devon on dual carriageways. Two reasons I wonder about 4motion, one for the minor off-road of campsites in Europe, albeit will be in summer currently, so not expecting any issues, and also just general driving a little bit of wheel spin travelling the country roads, which would be countered a bit with 4motion. Also, I do like the idea of ski-camping.... but maybe just wishful thinking.

MPG is actually a bit better than I expected, thanks for sharing. I had a Landrover for some years and did some serious 4WD with it. I also go to Norway each winter for skiing. I agree that especially on wet and muddy surfaces a 4WD will make life easier, but if you go easy on the gas a 2WD with ESP will get you most everywhere you would want to take a Cali. For safety measures I would always bring snow chains to Norway, but I have not used them since I got a car with ESP. So I think I will stick with the 2WD and just drive carefully.

And the mpg is definitely better than my old series 3 LR..... although years of difference in the engines...

Welcome to the group. We have an Ocean 204 TDI DSG 4Motion and very happy with it. With another member from Denmark we really should have a meet there.

Welcome to the forum . Enjoy choosing your cali.

Hi Everyone

We are looking to by a new T6 Ocean and have spent some time looking around in this forum. Looks very nice, so decided to join, even though most of the activities are in UK.

We are from Denmark, Copenhagen area, and this is to be our first Cali. We are turning 60 and still working.

Rented an Ocean Edition 204 TDI DSG last year and liked everything expect the comfort of the bedding.
So now we are looking to buy one and it is to be our only car.

Probably going for an Ocean 204 TSI DSG. The TSI partly because we have a lot of short rides in our daily use, but mostly because of the increasing tendency to blame diesel everywhere. A rather unfair blame IMO, but I am afraid that it will not go away. So probably TSI even though it will cost a lot to fuel.

Wife did not drive during the rental, but yesterday she got at chance to drive a Multivan and loved it. So Tuesday we are of to the dealer to spec the van and get a quote.

Looking forward to meet you somewhere.
Hi there, we are in dragør and looking for a t6 cali TSi. Do you know of any for sale ?

Hi there, we are in dragør and looking for a t6 cali TSi. Do you know of any for sale ?
No, not really. I believe there are 2 TSI's in Denmark, if I remember correctly. And since mine is not for sale, that leaves one. So your chances are small to find one.

Thanks
No harm in asking, :)
I Would also consider a multivan or caravelle, I’ll keep looking
Or try a DE import quote
Cheers

Hi DaNish,
Could you tell me how much the annual “green tax” is for your 204 Tsi please, I pay loads for my 174 diesel
Cheers

Back