Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from NW Scotland

C

Camino

Vehicle
Motorhome
We stay on Ardnamurchan and recently sold our VW T5 LWB, a Jerba Cromarty conversion. We're looking to replace it with a T6, maybe a Cali or maybe another Jerba, we've not yet decided. So I'll be lurking about gathering info, especially about bike racks. Cheers folks. Simon W

Welcome Simon, beautiful place to stay! Would love to hear your experiences of your Jerba, and maybe even some pics sometime. You've came to right place no matter what you decide, its a great community of like minded folks.

We stay on Ardnamurchan and recently sold our VW T5 LWB, a Jerba Cromarty conversion. We're looking to replace it with a T6, maybe a Cali or maybe another Jerba, we've not yet decided. So I'll be lurking about gathering info, especially about bike racks. Cheers folks. Simon W
Welcome dude, quite a few threads on bike racks, depends if you have a tow bar then you can either go for a TB mounted one or the tailgate mounted one. I'm not getting into the which one is best debate ;)

Ardnamurchan.....now there is a place I've not been to since I was about 8 or 9!!! I remember wild camping in a Martin Walter converted Bedford CA van. My lasting memory was cold burn water in a canvas bucket as being our washbasin. I'll tell you it was the sharpest wake I've ever had! Brrr..... Those were the days!
Here is a pic of me, my twin brother, two sisters and my mum. (I think this pic is in the Lake District).
dormobile.jpg

I love Ardnamurchan. We've visited it in the last few years both staying in a cottage and cycle touring, but not by campervan... yet!
Good to see another Jerba owner on the forum - we've had our Sanna for just over a year now and think its brilliant. There's inevitably a leaning towards the Cali on here (so the odd thread such as "Inferiority of Conversions" can raise the hackles a little ;)), but regardless of that it's a great place for all sorts of useful information and tips.
On bike racks we didn't bother with the VW one but simply fitted our existing Thule Raceway to the tailgate (with the upgraded tailgate struts). Only 2 bikes for us (there is a 3-bike model) but it's neat, compact, stays clear of the reversing camera, and doesn't obstruct the rear view very much at all.

:welcome We had a lovely break when we visited Ardnamurchan Point and the lighthouse staying at a small site at Kilchoan. Sure if you go for a Cali or another Jerba you will not look be looking back. On the same trip/tour, we passed a sign Jerba campers in North Berwick and remember looking them up liked the look but thought a bit far from home in Southampton for us.

Back