Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi Just ordered a 4Mo Cali in Starlight Blue need some views on the Chrome pack

E

Ebos

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all this is my first post. Just ordered the above spec with an eye to include some stealth camping now and then. Thought the chrome park might lift the look a little but now not sure if it’s a bit too bling... and perhaps not helpful for stealth!! Any views would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 up for the chrome pack.

Try to find some photos of your colour with/without the chrome pack.

I also have stainless side bars which go nicely together.

Hi Subthree thanks for posting that pic, actually looks quite good :)
I guess the alloys are bright any way and the strip connects them up.

Hi Subthree thanks for posting that pic, actually looks quite good :)
I guess the alloys are bright any way and the strip connects them up.
I am not a fan of those wheels, even though it is our van! I prefer the Aracaju wheels.

Always cheaper to add to a factory order rather than try and retro fit.

Yep I’ll think i’ll stick with that now thanks. Interestingly I had Palmerston alloys specified but the dealer suggested they might be a bit harsh on the ride so I have stuck with the standard alloys especially considering you get that free fifth spare too. I’m going to run those through and then add proper winter tires onto these alloys and get some posh wheels after a year or so, thats the plan so far.

I like the Chrome pack. We have ordered it too.

I retro fitted the complete genuine VW Chrome pack onto our Beach (not an option on the Beach). Don't do that as it's megga expensive.
20200306_124546.jpg
Mind you, for full on stealth don't clean it and leave off the chrome.

Palmerstons.

Hi all this is my first post. Just ordered the above spec with an eye to include some stealth camping now and then. Thought the chrome park might lift the look a little but now not sure if it’s a bit too bling... and perhaps not helpful for stealth!! Any views would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi
@Ebos... I think on dark colours, the chrome looks good and breaks up the sides. Interestingly the chrome package also adds a gloss black B pillar as well which again continues the black along the widows.
There is also a strange addition if you look at the option listing under chrome package for the Ocean as follows.

• Front fog lights with cornering function
    Radiator grille
    B-pillar in contrasting color Glossy Black
    Chrome package

I thought that cornering function fog lights were part of the standard package but maybe on MY21 things are different or its another "lost in translation" effect. Might be worth checking.

Hi
@Ebos... I think on dark colours, the chrome looks good and breaks up the sides. Interestingly the chrome package also adds a gloss black B pillar as well which again continues the black along the widows.
There is also a strange addition if you look at the option listing under chrome package for the Ocean as follows.

Radiator grille
    Chrome package

I thought that cornering function fog lights were part of the standard package but maybe on MY21 things are different or its another "lost in translation" effect. Might be worth checking.

thanks for flagging that up, I will check it out!

Hi

Radiator grille
    Chrome package

Front fog lights with cornering function is listed under standard equipment.
It's not lovingly called the confuserator for nothing!

Have you got any pics from anywhere with the sports pack on wasn't that clear on the configurator?

Have you got any pics from anywhere with the sports pack on wasn't that clear on the configurator?

To assess the Sports Styling Pack... if you open two browser tabs on VW configurator- build two specifications - one with Sport and one without - if you view them side by side and select ‘explore’ you can see the difference clearly... I have a difference sheet I will post shortly if you like

Being able to do stealth is important to me. Latest was a couple of days on a quiet street in Graz, Austria, for a break during 5 weeks of hiking and biking in the Alps this summer. So, as you can see from my profile pic, almost no chrome, steels, no rollout awning. On some trips I remove the bike rack, but in any case when stealth the bike is inside. A large grey microfibre towel gets draped between the headrests of the unturned front seats, and no one can tell I'm there. I can park and stay anywhere. It depends on what you want and how you want to use your van.

Always cheaper to add to a factory order rather than try and retro fit.
I added the chrome parts in stages for about 50% of Factory cost.
Hindsight I'd order with the Cali (useless salesman talked me out of parts that I thought I wanted and did in reality)

To assess the Sports Styling Pack... if you open two browser tabs on VW configurator- build two specifications - one with Sport and one without - if you view them side by side and select ‘explore’ you can see the difference clearly... I have a difference sheet I will post shortly if you like
Hi that’s what I will do thanks for the heads up.

Personally not a fan of the chrome pac but on the T6 it also comes with the piano black B piller which really sets it off with darkened windows.

Hi that’s what I will do thanks for the heads up.

Here you go:

How VW say it on the Configurator (at completion):

Sport Styling Package
Exterior mirror housings painted
LED rear combination lamp with special styling
Tool kit with pantograph jack
Z2C

Windshield in heat-insulating glass
Double glazing in rear seat area (Privacy/Venus); heat-insulating glass (green) in front area

Rear window
Acoustics package "Extra"
Laminated glass in front, privacy glass in rear
Laminated windshield

Edition alloy wheel

Additional costs may apply

Trims for alloy wheels
Suspension range 267 - if anyone knows what this i would welcome some insight?

How I describe it to myself:

Black B-pillars
Darker Window Tints
Black wing-mirror caps
Black Springfield Wheels - Edition
Black Under Chassis protection
Darker LED rear light clusters
Black accents to arches, sills, boot

Cheers,

SB

Back