Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

To Chrome pack or not to Chrome.....?

T

Tilbo

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi,
First of, great site, lots of great advice and helpful members. Can't wait to pull the trigger on a new purchase of the California Ocean. Having read all info on dealers etc i think we'll give Liverpool centre our first call and see how things go.
Just need some feedback on the chrome pack please.
Have spec'd an Ocean 4motion in Indium Grey with Palmerston alloys, absolutely love it but not sure if i need to add the chrome pack too, love the blacked B pillar but not sure about the side strips and rear strip. The rear strip might protect the boot lid, and the side strips might break up the the big side panel of grey, it would match the chrome grill, but, not sure if without it, it might look a little bit stealthier, bit more modern without the chrome.
Any feedback very much appreciated, thanks.
I'm sure when the California is ordered then the "Real Owner" will be along to say "hi" and introduce Herself....

It’s a personal choice, you get what you want and don’t worry about opinions of others.

The chrome pack is a costly retro fit, but similarly the factory fit chrome pack could be removed at a later date if you wanted to.

IMO the chrome pack looks good.

I’m not be much help am I

Hi,
First of, great site, lots of great advice and helpful members. Can't wait to pull the trigger on a new purchase of the California Ocean. Having read all info on dealers etc i think we'll give Liverpool centre our first call and see how things go.
Have spec'd an Ocean 4motion in Indium Grey with Palmerston alloys, absolutely love it but not sure if i need to add the chrome pack too, love the blacked B pillar but not sure about the side strips and rear strip. The rear strip might protect the boot lid, and the side strips might break up the the big side panel of grey, it would match the chrome grill, but, not sure if without it, it might look a little bit stealthier, bit more modern without the chrome.
I'm sure when the California is ordered then the "Real Owner" will be along to say "hi" and introduce Herself....
I have the chrome pack on an Indium Grey MY2021 6.1 Ocean, I am very pleased I ticked the box.......

FWIW.....prior to my order I did a search for images of Cali's in Indium Grey with and without the pack, the T6 Forum has a tonne of images and a 'Team Indium Grey' forum to boot. Checking through the images confirmed both my colour choice and he chrome pack option. I have since added VW's angular stainless steel side bars.

SAM

I have chrome or should that be 'plastic' pack on my T6
It looks ok but quality poor just cheap and nasty plastic.
After 18months the trim is beginning to mark and discolour quite badly.

I was actually wondering if I could get it renewed under warranty? Anyone done this?

I have chrome or should that be 'plastic' pack on my T6
It looks ok but quality poor just cheap and nasty plastic.
After 18months the trim is beginning to mark and discolour quite badly.

I was actually wondering if I could get it renewed under warranty? Anyone done this?
If it’s failing and discolouring and within warranty I see no reason for a claim to be refused .

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't see the appeal personally, of sticking chromed plastic on the van. Looks fussy and blingy - I'd like less chrome.
Love the Palmersons but prefer the Springfields, so Sports Pack for me...

It’s colour dependant and only works on the darker shades IMHO. Our first T6 Ocean was Indium grey and it really lifted it. Our White Ocean would have just looked wrong with it.

My van is black, works well, just wish quality was a bit better

IMO, a California camper is not complete without a bike rack. A bit of bling, cheaper than a chrome pack.

Hi,
Great taste Tilbo; collected this one last week. No chrome pack for me and personnally I don’t like the blacked out B pillar either, at least not on Indium. See what you think.
9D050A71-F065-45F8-8360-7B40CF68EC97.jpeg

Hi,
Very much personal taste. Any chrome that was on our vehicle we’ve removed including the VW front and rear badges, too ‘blingy’ for us, others love it as you may do.

Not a fan myself, bit too showy for me.

Each to their own though.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback, love the picture above, Grey without. I think we'll go without the option. Wouldn't want any discolouration on it either. Without it will be, thanks guys...

Back