Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi, my new California.

Hi, congrats. We have been enjoying our first VW as well. We opted for Appconnect and have had no joy connecting . Our local dealer have been helpful but seem to have no answers. Have you got Appconnect and if so have you got anywhere with it. We are planning a 2 month tour in Europe from April and had hoped to use App connect for lots of stuff.
Any help much appreciated.
Its Android Auto you should use for a samsung phone, probably only the most recent models are supported due to the lack of updates for older phones. Read more here:
https://support.google.com/androidauto/?hl=en

The electric shower is the type 6 cupboard option, right?

Do you lose any storage space with the shower?

Don't think so , it will pass under the wardrobe by the gasbotlle i guess.
Those who have this option can confirm this , i am just guessing

Hi spotlight
I have a shower
It comes out of the back cupboard.
The shower itself wraps up o top of the gas bottle
So you dont loose any space atall
I am not sure about what type 6 cupboard means....my van came with it

Thanks for the offer but I think you have explained it well.

I've contacted the dealership and ordered the type 6 cupboard on the proviso that this is the powered shower option ( stupidly opaque description that it is!) I'll see what they come back with.

I fancy the option to shower down a muddy dog and clean my filthy boots at least somewhat after a muddy walk before entering the van.

Last edited:
Great, I am happy not to go out in the gales we are having down here at the moment
I was thinking in really hot summers , a cold shower at the back of the van might be nice to, though I have yet to experience it

Great, I am happy not to go out in the gales we are having down here at the moment
I was thinking in really hot summers , a cold shower at the back of the van might be nice to, though I have yet to experience it
How much power does the shower have? is it gravity only or is it powered by a pump?

It uses the same pump as the tap
Plenty to wash your boots or have a shower, but not like an indoor power shower.
But then you are using your tank of water, so you don't want it to take a lot of water

It uses the same pump as the tap
Plenty to wash your boots or have a shower, but not like an indoor power shower.
But then you are using your tank of water, so you don't want it to take a lot of water
Thanks Cyclo, the shower sounds better than I had expected

image.jpeg
Yeah, it is a neat bit of kit, and relatively inexpensive. It has a good quality connection. You turn it on in the socket, that powers it up, then the lever on the head makes the water flow

Not yet! I think I need to spend a couple of nights away with it (I nearly called it her!) before I come up with something!
Getting closer to naming "her" then?! ;)

I cant find the chrome pack option in the price list. Is this a factory option? Is so can you let me know what option it is. Your vehicke looks great. I will definitely show my wife your pics as it looks very tasteful and classy.

Ah, well pleased for you. Sadly we have Samsung mobiles, need Android App and just go round in circles.It should be as simple as you say. When I connected my mobile I did mysteriously get all the sound recordings taken from videos on the phone. Took a while to work out why I was hearing my voice coaxing the dog to do a high five....

Maby you should consider to upgrade your Android soft ware on the phone - i notised that my iphone did not have the app conection until recently when i upgraded the SW. I have tryed it on a Caravelle in a dealers showroom and 'car play' worked instantly when plugged in to the usb slot - worked very well, i could even get in touch with Siri when speking to her :)