Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi, my new California.

Exploremore1

Exploremore1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I would like to say thank you to the California Club and to introduce myself. We have recently taken ownership of our new T6 California Ocean. I have never owned one before but felt the time was right! I did a lot of research (mainly on this site!) before making the plunge and am grateful to all those who have taken the time to contribute. I have owned my camper for just over 1 month now and have covered 1000miles. Most of the time i have spent with it has been showing it off to friends and family so now feel i know every inch of it. I am very pleased so far! If anyone has any questions regarding the T6 and the options etc. i would be happy to help. I have put a few pics below. I am sure i will continue to use this site for advise and reference so thank you all in advance.

IMG_0199.JPG

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Very nice, & welcome along

Welcome ,
Wow the sliding door the T6 changed shape compared the T5...:D
Special effects...

Congratulations. Looks great. Is that Indium grey? What else did you add to the exterior?

Congratulations. Looks great. Is that Indium grey? What else did you add to the exterior?

Hi, I would like to say thank you to the California Club and to introduce myself. We have recently taken ownership of our new T6 California Ocean. I have never owned one before but felt the time was right! I did a lot of research (mainly on this site!) before making the plunge and am grateful to all those who have taken the time to contribute. I have owned my camper for just over 1 month now and have covered 1000miles. Most of the time i have spent with it has been showing it off to friends and family so now feel i know every inch of it. I am very pleased so far! If anyone has any questions regarding the T6 and the options etc. i would be happy to help. I have put a few pics below. I am sure i will continue to use this site for advise and reference so thank you all in advance.

View attachment 11734

View attachment 11735

View attachment 11736

View attachment 11737

View attachment 11738
That looks ace! Did you get this from mark? Also are those stainless tubes dealer fitted ones?
Good to have you onboard, what a good first post!

Welcome to the club, nice Ocean :thumb

Lovely vehicle. Welcome to the club :thumb

Hi, thanks. Yes, Mark was fantastic, I would happily recommend. I costed up a conversion, weighed up the pro's and con's but settled on the California. There is something in the pedigree and the history that appeals to me. That said I think there are some things VW could take on board from the converters!
Yes I got the chrome pack but bought and fit the side bars myself.
The interior is great I was surprised at just how good the materials are. I am going to add a few extras, carpet for the back etc.
I also had a factory installed electric shower fitted to the back. I have not used it yet but think it will be great for muddy boots and bikes. Speaking of which I am yet to commit to a bike rack so any advise would be welcome. Fuel wise I have averaged 43mpg in my first 1000 miles. I am a conservative driver but this figure is even better than I had hoped for!

Welcome! It looks superb. Have you named it yet?
Not yet! I think I need to spend a couple of nights away with it (I nearly called it her!) before I come up with something!

Super - thanks for sharing! It is ever so helpful to see how Indium Grey looks on a rainy British day, because my Beach is coming in the same colour! You're also getting much better economy than one would expect with a new Ocean. How are you finding the DSG?

Thanks, I like the grey colour, it sits well with the interior. I am surprised at the fuel figures but I think because my first 600 miles was done on one trip to Dorset at around 60 mph on the motorway. I wanted to run the engine in a bit. I am also not carrying any kit or luggage etc at the moment so that probably also helps. The DSG box is superb, very smooth and responsive. The acceleration is good from 0-10mph but improves from 10mph upwards. I have also found that in reverse you need to give it a real kick to get it going. It is fine but just a little different from what I am used to.

Hello, what a lovely looking van, enjoy your adventures. Love the Indium Grey.

Hi, thanks. Yes, Mark was fantastic, I would happily recommend. I costed up a conversion, weighed up the pro's and con's but settled on the California. There is something in the pedigree and the history that appeals to me. That said I think there are some things VW could take on board from the converters!
The interior is great I was surprised at just how good the materials are. I am going to add a few extras, carpet for the back etc.
I also had a factory installed electric shower fitted to the back. I have not used it yet but think it will be great for muddy boots and bikes. Speaking of which I am yet to commit to a bike rack so any advise would be welcome. Fuel wise I have averaged 43mpg in my first 1000 miles. I am a conservative driver but this figure is even better than I had hoped for!
Love the Indium Grey which is good as it confirms my choice. Seen it on other motors but not a Cali so great.
I see you went for the chrome pack, something I also want and I love the black B Pillars, did that come with the chrome pack?
On bike racks. For me - storage is an issue so I would prefer whatever I have to stay on the vehicle. Saying that I will probably go for the removable tow bar to increase my options and future proof. A tailgate bike rack is my choice however I was put off by the new VW T6 version, the jury is out and there are those who have seen it in the flesh or prefer its functionality to the T5 version. There are also other options, flamma for e.g. Best advice I can give is search the threads and bear in mind there are many different opinions based on peoples experience and personal requirements. Number of bikes, type of bikes, weight of bikes, value of bikes etc etc Good luck :)
NB: Can you post up your spec as it would help to know any other points of interest. Such as glass choice. Ta!

Thanks, yes, the black B pillars work really well. They came as part of chrome package, which ended up costing half what I was originally told so good news all round. I think I will go for VW bike rack. I had removable tow bar on my last car, a Discovery and it was a bit of a pain. I will more often than not just have 1 or 2 bikes on there, security is an issue so am thinking fixed rack best option. I do think the new rack looks ugly but if looks were everything my wife wouldn't have married me! I will post spec of van shortly. Only extras were cruise control, chrome pack, privacy glass, shower and heated seats. Only minor regret is that I didn't go for the multi-function steering wheel. It was the price that put me off, i was surprised it wasn't standard. I have it on other cars so guess I am used to it. But stretching my arm out really isn't a problem!

Completely agree, a few years ago we toyed with the idea of converting our T5 panel van but the price to convert isn't cheap and you are never 100% sure what the finished product will look like.
Chrome pack looks really well against that colour, very nice touch! Which bars did you go for, the Exploria ones? Am considering these but not sure they will look as good as yours because mine has the standard 16" claytons on.
Our vans must have met as I've had mine nearly three weeks now and the number plates were nearly identical (sorry but you can still see yours on the last pic).
Will keep an eye out for you. Cheers J

Looks very nice indeed. I need some sidebars for mine. Where they easy to fit by yourself?

View attachment 11734

View attachment 11735

View attachment 11736

View attachment 11737

View attachment 11738
Hi, congrats. We have been enjoying our first VW as well. We opted for Appconnect and have had no joy connecting . Our local dealer have been helpful but seem to have no answers. Have you got Appconnect and if so have you got anywhere with it. We are planning a 2 month tour in Europe from April and had hoped to use App connect for lots of stuff.
Any help much appreciated.

Hi, congrats. We have been enjoying our first VW as well. We opted for Appconnect and have had no joy connecting . Our local dealer have been helpful but seem to have no answers. Have you got Appconnect and if so have you got anywhere with it. We are planning a 2 month tour in Europe from April and had hoped to use App connect for lots of stuff.
Any help much appreciated.
What struggles are you having?
It should be a matter of plugging your iPhone into the usb socket via the charging cable that came with your phone. The stereo should then recognise something has happened and prompt you. Can't believe (well I can!) the dealer doesn't know what to do!

What struggles are you having?
It should be a matter of plugging your iPhone into the usb socket via the charging cable that came with your phone. The stereo should then recognise something has happened and prompt you. Can't believe (well I can!) the dealer doesn't know what to do!
Ah, well pleased for you. Sadly we have Samsung mobiles, need Android App and just go round in circles.It should be as simple as you say. When I connected my mobile I did mysteriously get all the sound recordings taken from videos on the phone. Took a while to work out why I was hearing my voice coaxing the dog to do a high five....

congratulations and what a very nice California you have there I have only recently joined and finding this owners club very friendly and welcoming

Ah, well pleased for you. Sadly we have Samsung mobiles, need Android App and just go round in circles.It should be as simple as you say. When I connected my mobile I did mysteriously get all the sound recordings taken from videos on the phone. Took a while to work out why I was hearing my voice coaxing the dog to do a high five....
Very frustrating. :(