Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi

B

Bordeaux

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi,

Just joined. Planning a roadtrip. North from vancouver when spring breaks to alaska. Over to the east coast, newfoundland. Then down to patagonia. Probably a year later - all going well - back up the west coast. I know, it will take time - we reckon on a minmum of two years. Life happens while you are doing something else ;-) Looking to purchase a vw for the trip and interested in all comments.

Welcome Bordeaux! What a trip that will be.

I followed a VW Cali along a very dusty road in Patagonia last year. I never could see what its country sticker said, it was so dirty!

I haven't driven over very much of South America but getting up into the highlands on both sides of the 'Cono Sur' would be absolutely fantastic in a Cali. The roads (both tarmac and gravel) on the Chile side are generally very good, less so on the Argentine side. Although, as everywhere else in the world, some bloke driving a clapped out old 2-wheel drive bus always seems to be hurtle past as you're pulled over contemplating whether the section ahead is actually a road or just a mule track.

Your location says Ireland and Canada ...last time i checked Bordeaux still was in France....;)
Welcome!

welcome that sounds like one hell of a trip

Thanks,

Been down in Patagonia but on business and loved the whole atmosphere. I have been advised to take a spare set of tyres for the Agentinian country roads ;-(

Spent nine years in Bordeaux, still drink the wine ;-)

We are about to leave Ireland as soon as we can get somebody to rent our house and get back here to BC. We are still looking to buy 'our van' - as my wife says, ' we need to get one for the wrong side of the road.' I will try and pick one up in Germany/Holland over the summer, failing that get something in, yes, California. We bought our first one when we lived there and have 'missed it' ever since.

We are still unsure if we should go with diesel or not. Have read that diesel may not be widely available?

Thanks for your comments.

Welcome Bordeaux!
Def a great trip that will be! Hope you soon find a California LHD

Sounds amazing!! Keep us posted!! Your trip is exactly what we want to do, once our mortgage is cleared! At the moment, that's in 8x years time ABW.

Welcome Bordeaux . 4 motion might be useful and maybe some stronger springs !