Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Newbury

G

Geekeye

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All, I found this forum after the Wife and I took a test drive in a T6.1 Cali Coast yesterday. Suffice to say we are now hooked and currently specing an Ocean! We won’t be committing to any purchase until the very useful information and advice on the amazing resource has been digested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All, I found this forum after the Wife and I took a test drive in a T6.1 Cali Coast yesterday. Suffice to say we are now hooked and currently specing an Ocean! We won’t be committing to any purchase until the very useful information and advice on the amazing resource has been digested.

:welcome
such an exciting time. There are lots of threads on here where people have asked for advice on specs to choose. Ultimately people enjoy the experience of camping in a California regardless of spec so don’t agonise over it. You learn so much from your first outing, many people recommend renting one for a weekend to work out what looks good or sounds good on the California Builder and what are features you would not like to be without. Good luck!

Hey @Geekeye , a very warm welcome from another Newbury resident. any questions, just ask ... or if you want to take another peek around, PM me and glad to show you around the van. I have a T6 though.

Enjoy the purchasing , the wait and then the ownership experience.

... and wave if you see a mojave beige 4Mo cali around town :) It is my daily driver.

Welcome Geekeye!
Enjoy planning and dreaming about your new van!
If you've got any questions: Ask away! We are happy to help!

:welcome
such an exciting time. There are lots of threads on here where people have asked for advice on specs to choose. Ultimately people enjoy the experience of camping in a California regardless of spec so don’t agonise over it. You learn so much from your first outing, many people recommend renting one for a weekend to work out what looks good or sounds good on the California Builder and what are features you would not like to be without. Good luck!
CHEERS, Thank you for the advice :)

Another local, I'm just around the corner in Scratcham (Thatcham). PM me if I can help or if you wanna a look at the T6.1 Ocean.

Hey @Geekeye , a very warm welcome from another Newbury resident. any questions, just ask ... or if you want to take another peek around, PM me and glad to show you around the van. I have a T6 though.

Enjoy the purchasing , the wait and then the ownership experience.

... and wave if you see a mojave beige 4Mo cali around town :) It is my daily driver.
Thankyou @kurienp, we will keep an eye for you. We have considered the Mojave, and the 4Motion. I‘ve read through the 2WD/4WD debate on another thread so I wont be asking for any additional advice on that, lol. :)

This is very true. Don’t let the tail wag the dog! We’ve had 2 Oceans and if ordering new again, would have a Coast with a 10%+ discount.

Welcome Geekeye!
I know what you are saying, its a slippery slope, we weren‘t even contemplating an Ocean due the the price and then somehow overnight its the minimum model because of options we would like :rolleyes:

Another local, I'm just around the corner in Scratcham (Thatcham). PM me if I can help or if you wanna a look at the T6.1 Ocean.
Hey @hamish, Yes very close. I might take you up on that offer to look.;) We’ve called a few dealers;none of them have an Ocean we can look at. It does fell strange going forward with the purchase without viewing the model we are considering.

Hey @hamish, Yes very close. I might take you up on that offer to look.;) We’ve called a few dealers;none of them have an Ocean we can look at. It does fell strange going forward with the purchase without viewing the model we are considering.
No problem PM if/when ready