Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High or low shoulder...?

I'm trying motors
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
.... now the Cali's tires are /65.....ho have the opportunity to mount tires /55.think that the comfort of the van has much to do with it? and above all, I also run unpaved roads .... what do you suggest from your experience? ..... my other cars are upholstery / 40 .... and I'm really stiff greetings to everyone

The lower the profile the harder the ride as you have less sidewall to absorb the bumps.

As long as the rolling radius remains as close as poss to OEM.

#tyrebasics

Better ride on /65 than on /55.
Also hitting the kerb with lower profile will be more likely to damage the wheel.

But its all marginal.

At the risk of stating the bleedin obvs, you’ll need new rims to maintain the correct OD but reduce sidewall height

Hi, if you have /65 tyres you probably have 16” Wheels. If you drop to /55 tyres keeping the same width, your tyre’s rolling radius will be smaller and your engine will rev slightly higher to achieve the same speed as before. To maintain the same rolling radius as before if you drop to /55 tyres, you need to increase the width of the tyre but in any case as the /65 or /55 is a percentage of the tyre width, you’ll be back to the same sidewall height as before so won’t be gaining anything except a larger contact point with the road. Other than that, what @sidepod said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... in fact I wanted to put the tires / 55 on 17 and 235 rims .... but I think I'll stay on the 65s ... they are more comfortable species on the dirt roads

... by the way. Has anyone ever tried the BF Goodrich A / T?

Back