Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hired Vehicle Insurance during Roof Repair

Gedi

Gedi

I tried to find Info regarding this but couldn't find anything.

My California is finally getting the roof repaired in the middle of the month after a long on-going saga....

My question to everybody who has been lucky enough to get their roof repaired was about a hire vehicle during the duration of the repair.

The said that they can't supply a California as it is the bust period for California's.

So they said that I can have a Nissan Navara which I am happy about but I have to pay £20/day for the hired vehicle Insurance. The said that our van might be away from anything from 14 to 28 days for the repair. This means that I will have to fork out £280 to £560 for the Insurance.

I would love to get a bit of feed-back what other people were offered regarding the hired vehicle Insurance if the had it paid for them or they had to pay similar costs.

Any Info would be much appreciated.

Gedi

Ours was repaired in August 2015, they supplied a brand new California with just 100 miles on the clock, also insurance was included so nothing for us to pay, we ended up with it for six weeks in the end and put 3000 miles on it. I would not accept what you are being offered, it's disgraceful.

Ours was repaired in August 2015, they supplied a brand new California with just 100 miles on the clock, also insurance was included so nothing for us to pay, we ended up with it for six weeks in the end and put 3000 miles on it. I would not accept what you are being offered, it's disgraceful.

Thanks for the quick response, not too bothered about the type of vehicle. It was more around the subject of the Insurance. Don't know why I have to pay for it?

My California is getting repaired in Glasgow and I stay north of Aberdeen. So I have to drop the van off at Aberdeen, then it is getting transferred by a transporter down to Glasgow for the repair. That is the only place in Scotland that does the repair.

Thanks again for your response.

Gedi

I tried to find Info regarding this but couldn't find anything.

My California is finally getting the roof repaired in the middle of the month after a long on-going saga....

My question to everybody who has been lucky enough to get their roof repaired was about a hire vehicle during the duration of the repair.

The said that they can't supply a California as it is the bust period for California's.

So they said that I can have a Nissan Navara which I am happy about but I have to pay £20/day for the hired vehicle Insurance. The said that our van might be away from anything from 14 to 28 days for the repair. This means that I will have to fork out £280 to £560 for the Insurance.

I would love to get a bit of feed-back what other people were offered regarding the hired vehicle Insurance if the had it paid for them or they had to pay similar costs.

Any Info would be much appreciated.

Gedi
Check your Insurance. Mine will cover a Hire/Loan vehicle if my California is in for Repair/Warranty work. The garage will need a copy of your Insurance Certificate and conditions. Some don't like to accept this as they charge more than it costs them, so a nice little earner.
Also, press the case with VW Customer Service. It's their problem to sort out really.

Check your Insurance. Mine will cover a Hire/Loan vehicle if my California is in for Repair/Warranty work. The garage will need a copy of your Insurance Certificate and conditions. Some don't like to accept this as they charge more than it costs them, so a nice little earner.
Also, press the case with VW Customer Service. It's their problem to sort out really.

Hi WelshGas

I never thought about our California Insurance, I will get my wife to check that today and I am currently working away from home.
Thanks for the Info.

Cheers Gedi

Back