Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Holding clip for awning winder

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anybody know where I can get a spare holding clip for the awning winder which is stored in the under seat drawer? The plastic backing holding one of the the clips in place has split leaving the winder dangling.

I've had a look in "the shop" section with no luck.

Thanks.

Try SMG, forum sponsors.

Does anybody know where I can get a spare holding clip for the awning winder which is stored in the under seat drawer? The plastic backing holding one of the the clips in place has split leaving the winder dangling.

I've had a look in "the shop" section with no luck.

Thanks.
Hello

On a previous thread from yourself you mentioned that you had a knocking noise from the front end of your Cali, did you resolve the issue because we are experiencing a similar noise at very low speed over speed bumps or rough roads etc.
Steve

Steve - We still get it very occasionally so still there. I'm convinced it's something to do with the suspension but what do I know. It normally happens at low speeds and significant dips in the surface.

I will take it in shortly for MOT, service, warranty checks etc, and have it looked at.

Steve - We still get it very occasionally so still there. I'm convinced it's something to do with the suspension but what do I know. It normally happens at low speeds and significant dips in the surface.

I will take it in shortly for MOT, service, warranty checks etc, and have it looked at.

Hello thanks for getting back that's exactly the same as ours only for us it is now everyday.
Taking it in to VW tomorrow with a couple of other issues as well so will let you know how we go on.
Steve

Steve - I's be very grateful for any update/feedback you may have.

My worry is that because it's unlikely to be able to reproduce the noise on a test run with VW they may not be able to diagnose if inspection does not reveal anything.

Thanks.

Steve - I's be very grateful for any update/feedback you may have.

My worry is that because it's unlikely to be able to reproduce the noise on a test run with VW they may not be able to diagnose if inspection does not reveal anything.

Thanks.

Hello

The VW mechanic drove the van on a test run slow over speed bumps & did actually here the noise passenger side front with me sat alongside him. We only heard it the once but on checking the van suspension etc & applying lubrication unable to find anything obvious. They did say to keep an eye on it to see if anything develops.

We were able to give it a good run yesterday heard the noise on numerous bumps.

Let me know how you get on although we are off to West Coast Scotland & Outer Hebrides for a month leaving first thing Monday & probably will not have any wifi etc.

Hope all goes well with your Cali.

Steve / Gill

Thanks Steve & Gill. I will certainly keep you posted.

If it mimics mine the noises shall reduce in frequency over time (for some strange reason).

Have a great hols.

Back