Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Holiday in France 2012

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Some snaps form our first holiday in the California.

Bakewell->Calais->Troyes->Geneva->Grenoble->St Tropez->Ciotat->Aix en Provence->Beaune->Dijon->Calais->Bakewell.

Absolutely fantastic.

Next year it's down to Munich and then on to the Italian Lakes before heading back through the Alps and back through France.

3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg

Great photos and the van looks fabulous.

We're thinking about taking in the alps next summer for a bit of a change of scene.

Thanks Custardtart. Really did enjoy it. Nice and cool in the evenings in the Alps - didn't really prepare us for the 39.5c onslaught that followed on the south coast!!

cpjb@btinternet.com said:
Bakewell->Calais->Troyes->Geneva->Grenoble->St Tropez->Ciotat->Aix en Provence->Beaune->Dijon->Calais->Bakewell.
Great photos it sounds like an amazing trip ...how long did you travel for?

2 weeks + 2 days travelling out on Thursday early afternoon and returning on Sunday late morning.

Ferry was DFDS - couldn't fault it £96 for the 4 of us plus van return. Would also recommend Gandspette chateau campsite at Calais for stopover there and back. We've used the place twice now (first time in tent, second in van). Superb.

Regards.

Just out of interest, did you have to cover your headlights in any way for driving in the continent?

Yes it's illegal not to. Adhesive sticker pack for approximately £6 bought from the ferry shop on the way out. It's a general pack which has instructions for each model - i think I chose T5 Transporter).

The alternative it to buy VW headlamp protectors (for about £50) which have the masking built in I think.

Thank you! Will be looking into it!
Roz :thanks