Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hollywood Freeway Awning Fitting

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I've got a Hollywood Freeway awning that I've used on a T2 by fitting it with a pole and clamp. I've ordered my new California with the fitted awning. When touring I want the option of using both i.e. If staying for more than one night I'd like to use the Outwell for more space. Can the Outwell awning be fitted whilst the VW is on the van please? Is an adapter required? Thanks

Should not be a problem. The Cali awning has a channel to thread a kador connector to, assuming the Hollywood has one, although one of the driveaway awning kits you can get would make it less of a hassle.

Should not be a problem. The Cali awning has a channel to thread a kador connector to, assuming the Hollywood has one, although one of the driveaway awning kits you can get would make it less of a hassle.
Thank you. Yes the Outwell awning does have one of these strips. Does it simply slide under the VW awning then or do I have to detach it?

We have an Outwell Hollywood Freeway for our Beach.
We attatch it by winding out the California awning an inch or so. Attach 2 x figure of 8 plastic strips to Outwell awning. Then attatch the Outwell awning using the 2 x figure of 8 plastic strips onto the TOP front edge of the role out awning. Finally, wind the awning back in, thus clamping the figure of 8's in place, inflate Outwell awning.....job done!
We found that when we fitted it via the channel on the underside of the California roll out awning, with a Kador strip, that it fouls on the sliding door.

We have an Outwell Hollywood Freeway for our Beach.
We attatch it by winding out the California awning an inch or so. Attach 2 x figure of 8 plastic strips to Outwell awning. Then attatch the Outwell awning using the 2 x figure of 8 plastic strips onto the TOP front edge of the role out awning. Finally, wind the awning back in, thus clamping the figure of 8's in place, inflate Outwell awning.....job done!
We found that when we fitted it via the channel on the underside of the California roll out awning, with a Kador strip, that it fouls on the sliding door.

Thank you. How long are the pieces of figure of 8 that you use please? I'll pick some up.

The awning is 2.5m, so that's your length for the figures of eight, or the length of the Kador on the awning, whichever is shorter

Thanks Everyone for the advice

Back