Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Home made panels

Yorvik

Yorvik

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I guess lots of members will have also made their own panels for the wind out awning but thought some might be interested in a few pictures of one we have almost finished. It's not perfect but was made using unwanted gazebo 'sides' and has cost very little bar the kador strip to attach to the rail, some brass eyelets and elastic toggles. The whole lot packs up into a fairly small dry bag.

IMG_2453.jpg IMG_2462.jpg IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

:Iamsorry So sorry everyone

I didn't intend to attach so many photos - my apologies if this causes any problems.....:(

Looks like you copied comfortz panels don't tell nick

He already knows people are copying them.

He already knows people are copying them.
Sorry if the panels appear to have copied any commercial products - they certainly weren't based on any particular manufactured panels. They are supported by elastic toggles, not zipped in and the 'front' facing side panel has a secondary vertical hanging skirt to maximise internal space which I haven't seen on any other version. In addition, the three panels are all 'tied' together with toggles and material ties which result in a fairly 'sealed' enclosure. Any similarity to other panels is quite unintentional but in reality, I suspect there is only so far one can go when producing sides from a set of unwanted gazebo sides. ;)

A canvas panel hanging from the awning is hardly copying, nice job and like the extra room idea with the front panel. :thumb

:thanks for all the comments everyone. I suspect the material may not last as long as quality commercial products but the end result does provide quite a larger amount of space for very little cost and has been quite satisfying to make.

Back