Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

storm straps for wind-out awning

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
hi all, when we went to the COTF this year i saw on one stall some storm straps that slide into the kador rail on the wind-out awning but can not find them on any websites ie comfortz or vwcc. The reason i am asking is we have just come back from the lakes and it has rained all weekend (normal british weather lol) so i am going to purchase the awning sides from comfortz to give us that quick and easy dry space you need in rubbish weather and want some straps for that extra support for the awning if the wind picks up. I think it was on the stall that i bought the zonesleep topper off. Any advice would be gratefull

Thule market a set of straps the hook into the top of the legs.

They are universal for all of their awnings and so the webbing straps are long for the Cali. Easy to cut to size and sealed though.

Alan

I copied IanE and got mine from windblockers.net
Can't see them on the site now though

Sent from my Galaxy S6

This is what we use now. Previously used some cheap webbing straps from a pound shop but kept tripping over them guyed out from the awning. They also vibrated when it's windy and set up a loud humming but I seem to remember someone saying to put a twist in them which will stop it.

Thanks everyone all look like they will do the job. What I would like to know is, where did you get them eyelets that slide into the rail from briwy? It also looks likeon the pictures you have something wrapped around the roof bars on the awning, just been nosey :thumb

Thanks everyone all look like they will do the job. What I would like to know is, where did you get them eyelets that slide into the rail from briwy? It also looks likeon the pictures you have something wrapped around the roof bars on the awning, just been nosey :thumb

Its kador strip with snap fit plastic eyelets. All from eBay.
The wraps round the arms are a temporary fix for LED light strips. It's just tape holding the lights on. I'll be fixing them permantley now I know they work OK.

This is what we use now. Previously used some cheap webbing straps from a pound shop but kept tripping over them guyed out from the awning. They also vibrated when it's windy and set up a loud humming but I seem to remember someone saying to put a twist in them which will stop it.

good bit of kit, like the idea very much, you don't mind if I borrow it, thanks

Picking up this older tread as i used the Thule tie down kit after it been sitting in the Cali unused for over a year now !
We don't often stay longer than one noght in thesame place and don't use the awning that much , we stayed even three nights at thesame site just this weekend and finally i needed to try the kit out!
Very easy and solid !
Clips go in the top of awning leg
IMG_5913.JPG
IMG_5898.JPG
Solid pegs with a spring in between to give good tention on the strap.
IMG_5915.JPG
A extra peg thru the awning feet and at thesame time holding my nice awning mat
IMG_5907.JPG
Works for me!
IMG_5905.JPG

Hey HC - that awning mat looks groovy - do you have details of purchase?

Thanks

Ian

Looks like Moroccan matting company ,I have the same one with the vw logo ,they are based in Llanelli Wales ✌️

Picked up those mat while touring in Wales last year @moroccan matting afther @briwy tipt me off....

Think it should be a shop item!
Would sell like hot cakes...

Like the mat. I've just buffed up the top of our pegs by using a normal hammer, not a rubber mallet. Will need to chop the top off and re-drill the hole.

Edited as replied in correct place.

Last edited: