Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hot oil smell

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I sometimes get a strongish smell of hot oil after stopping the Cali - can't seem to find the source but it's not in the engine bay.

It soon goes but is a bit odd - any ideas? Oil level is fine, no obvious leaks.

I had a small leak on the oil level sensor could be that :thumb

Not to sure to be honest smg changed it for me last time I was down there. My van has now got to go back to have a dedicated wiring loom fitted for a faulty oil sensor light. I should think it would be near the bottom of the sump though :thumb might be something completely different though
I would get it checked out :thumb

Calikev said:
Not to sure to be honest smg changed it for me last time I was down there. My van has now got to go back to have a dedicated wiring loom fitted for a faulty oil sensor light. I should think it would be near the bottom of the sump though :thumb might be something completely different though
I would get it checked out :thumb

Cheers - I think I'll do that. Rattly dash is also driving me slightly loopy so I'll mention that. And have a peek at the new Golf too :D

A couple of times I have got a whiff like a burnt clutch even when I know the clutch hasn't been slipping. I wondered if it was the particulate filter regenerating.

How do you know when it's regenerating and does it do it whenever the revs/temp are suitable or just when it's nearly full?

Back