Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How can i reactivate my parking sensors?

Geanina

Geanina

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello. Can anyone tell me how yo reactivate my parking sensors. I gave my T6 to my brother and he turned it off , now i can't turn it on anymore.
Tnx

I didn't know you could without a Diagnostic Computer.
Have you asked your brother?

Have you looked through the assist settings on the MFD (multi function display) for a tick box?

If you have a towbar fitted then they often get disabled to prevent constant beeping. Was the van used to tow? Do the front sensors work ok? There is a little switch inside the towbar 12v socket I understand that disables the sensors when a trailer is attached. Worth checking that isn't stuck in, if you have one, or that something isn't still plugged in.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/rear-parking-sensor-doesnt-work.7975/

There should be a "P" button on the dash to disable them temporarily. As far as I know you need a computer to disable them permanently but I could be wrong.

They can also stop working if they get damaged, if they're dirty you are more likely to just get a constant beeping.

Button on the dash....

or the the Head unit of the radio we have a X button over a speaker symbol which turns them off

My brother towed a caravan when i gave him the car. I will look at the towbar. Tnx very much MattBW

He didn't leave a 13 pin to 7 pin towing electrics adapter plugged in did he?

Back