Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do you put a price on your Cali

Our new van has arrived and whilst some overlap of ownership is fine, it needs to be sold. I will contact them and thank you for suggesting. Ours is a good one, even my dealer says so!
As a matter of interest did the garage you bought your new van not offer you a part ex? or was it just too low?

As a potential buyer who has watched the prices of T6.1 (150) Calis very closely for the last 12 months or so, I can give you my 2p worth of insight.

VW Liverpool have a glut of brand new 2024 year Ocean models (no bellows leaks)for £68k inc, 5 years servicing, warranty and breakdown.

Second hand, 2020 Oceans have recently sold as low as £56k, with 2021 often around £60k. There is an abundance of 2022 Oceans at varying prices above £60k, some of which are frankly absurd, given the new ones at £68k.

Obviously this applies to standard spec Oceans with the 150 engine, options and the 204 bhp engine can only help get a faster sale / higher price.

As others have commented, it's absolutely a buyers market and this summer doesn't have long to run, so I'd grab the first reasonable offer if I were you.

It will be interesting to see whether the availability of £68k new Calis expands and/or gets better known. I can't imagine paying £60k for a 3 year old van knowing a new one can be had for £68k. That's like renting a Cali for an entire year for less than £3k.

That's a strong argument but I can't find them. Any links?
As a matter of interest did the garage you bought your new van not offer you a part ex? or was it just too low?
Yes they did, around £47k, which is consistent - and fair given what they have to do vis testing, warranty, finance, etc. Interestingly, the WBAC offer dropped a thousand yesterday to £47k. When we placed the order for our new van in March the trade prices were around £45k, so the prices obviously move around quite a bit!

It will be interesting to see whether the availability of £68k new Calis expands and/or gets better known. I can't imagine paying £60k for a 3 year old van knowing a new one can be had for £68k. That's like renting a Cali for an entire year for less than £3k.
I rather agree, which is why I think my Sept 69 plate is good value around the £50k mark!
I couldn't find any Liverpool vans at £68k either.

I’m only seeing 5 Oceans (and 8 Californias altogether) on the Liverpool site. Not sure if that qualifies as a glut? Two at ~£68k and the others at £74k to £77k.

It was someone else who identified VW Liverpool as having a load of vans, so I'm not sure why they said that, perhaps based on a phone call? I know a guy at Aberdeen told me they had 25 Oceans on the forecourt and/or arriving soon, yet you can only find a few advertised at that location. Perhaps dealers are not advertising all their inventory (to save money on ads and avoid flooding the market).

Check out the special offers on drive the deal if you are looking for an Ocean below £68k, indeed below £66k. The interesting thing to me is the prices on drivethedeal keep falling, a couple of grand just in the past couple of weeks.

Not just California’s.
The entire car industry is having a low point.
No surprise really, it’s been a long time coming. New prices seem utterly absurd and the next generation have less appetite to own a car when they car call an Uber…
The absurd prices were only affordable due to low interest rates, it’s all different now, same with houses the top end of all markets has stalled it seems

That's a strong argument but I can't find them. Any links?

There you go. Volkswagen Van Centre Liverpool have been selling literally dozens of these below £68k with the 5 year warranty and servicing, all summer long. When they will sell out I don't know but it is some deal IMO.

Yes they did, around £47k, which is consistent - and fair given what they have to do vis testing, warranty, finance, etc. Interestingly, the WBAC offer dropped a thousand yesterday to £47k. When we placed the order for our new van in March the trade prices were around £45k, so the prices obviously move around quite a bit!
I got a price on my 3 month old Ocean (£87k list) from WBAC a couple of weeks ago at £56,750 and today their price is £59,830 so it seems the better weather may have helped with the prices :cool:

£27k 3 month depreciation.
OMFG……..!!!!

£27k 3 month depreciation.
OMFG……..!!!!
To get perspective, in reality it's probably less than half that. It'd probably sell for £8k above the WBAC price and with discount it probably sold around 8k less than the list price.

To get perspective, in reality it's probably less than half that. It'd probably sell for £8k above the WBAC price and with discount it probably sold around 8k less than the list price.
Correct, but if you simply look at top and bottom figures it is quite scary. The list on the new 4Motion that I’m collecting next week is £90k+ which will be the one I’ll keep for hopefully at least a couple of years, although this really depends on how my other half gets on with campervan life.

I know initial depreciation is high but over time it’s usually more palatable so if it’s worth £60k after two years then I can accept that.

There you go. Volkswagen Van Centre Liverpool have been selling literally dozens of these below £68k with the 5 year warranty and servicing, all summer long. When they will sell out I don't know but it is some deal IMO.
117 vehicles, most commercial or Caddy vans.
California or grand California they have / had 12.
I don't call that a glut of California's

117 vehicles, most commercial or Caddy vans.
California or grand California they have / had 12.
I don't call that a glut of California's
You are missing my point, @P600BOO

Liverpool Volkswagen alone have had literally dozens of brand new MY24 Oceans retailing at lower than £68k with 5 years servicing and warranty (and two free MOTs) ALL SUMMER LONG.

They have had several new sport pack Calis at £72k with the same deal also.

The number of ads at any given moment is irrelevant, this has been a theme for several months and therefore quite reasonably can be described as ''a glut'', given the volume in a relatively short period.

You are missing my point, @P600BOO

Liverpool Volkswagen alone have had literally dozens of brand new MY24 Oceans retailing at lower than £68k with 5 years servicing and warranty (and two free MOTs) ALL SUMMER LONG.

They have had several new sport pack Calis at £72k with the same deal also.

The number of ads at any given moment is irrelevant, this has been a theme for several months and therefore quite reasonably can be described as ''a glut'', given the volume in a relatively short period.
I can see approx 12 on their Web site and some are Grand Californias

Our new van has arrived and whilst some overlap of ownership is fine, it needs to be sold. I will contact them and thank you for suggesting. Ours is a good one, even my dealer says so!

Meanwhile, I don't think it's a good time to sell anything and who knows whether we have done the right thing ordering a run-out T6.1. However, the Multivan California misses the target on so many fronts. It's chic, but the length, height, doors, cupboards, boot, beds, blind, table, hob and more are a step back. It's a car, not a van and we want a van... and not one called Nugget! So, I guess we are paying the price for buying and selling at the wrong time!
I own a 2018 Ocean. It does what I want it to do , that is to say will the T7 do any more than my T6. Probably not. I like your assessment of the Multivan (T7) and if it flops then might be well worth keeping hold of your T6's and T6.1's, You might make money. Anyway, not selling mine,

Crikey, some serious back and forth here. My Cali 4MOTION is for sale on this site and so far, has resulted in only two inquiries. Tbh I've no idea whether it is priced 'sensibly' or not because the inputs to the decision are uncertain in the current climate.

One of the posts above seems to suggest a good tactic - ring round the bulk buying outfits for a depressing set of figures. Ignore them. Then advertise for an unlimited period on AutoT reducing the asking price each week until arriving at a sweet spot which triggers interest. Btw, unashamed plug, mine is the best one out there ;-))

Crikey, some serious back and forth here. My Cali 4MOTION is for sale on this site and so far, has resulted in only two inquiries. Tbh I've no idea whether it is priced 'sensibly' or not because the inputs to the decision are uncertain in the current climate.

One of the posts above seems to suggest a good tactic - ring round the bulk buying outfits for a depressing set of figures. Ignore them. Then advertise for an unlimited period on AutoT reducing the asking price each week until arriving at a sweet spot which triggers interest. Btw, unashamed plug, mine is the best one out there ;-))
Interestingly the one I sold to the dealer seemed to be reduced by a few hundred each week. However a fortnight ago they slashed £3,000 off the asking price and it's still not sold and has been reduced again!!!

I'd suggest it may be worth considering a dealer offer as you could find that if you keep reducing it you may well end up with less than what you were offered by the dealer.

SOld my T5 camper conversion on eBay to a local for over £1k more than I paid for it 9 years ago. Got nothing from Club ad

Back