Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do you store comfort mattress at home

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
How do people store their comfort mattress when at home?

We've currently got ours on top of the wardrobe in the original plastic but it's getting ripped and the open end allows it to get dusty. Has anyone found a zipped bag that fits it?

I really want some Jackyards seat covers so that would be an opportunity to ge a bag made at the same time but I haven't got that sort of money right now :)

How do people store their comfort mattress when at home?

We've currently got ours on top of the wardrobe in the original plastic but it's getting ripped and the open end allows it to get dusty. Has anyone found a zipped bag that fits it?

I really want some Jackyards seat covers so that would be an opportunity to ge a bag made at the same time but I haven't got that sort of money right now :)
Mines always in the Van ready for use. The Forum Shop sells covers for upper and lower mattresses.

It is a problem, especially if, as like us, you are continually reconfiguring your van from 7 seat MPV with four child seats, to a five seater with boot space for bikes, to four berth sleeping accommodation.

As you suggest, we are considering asking Denise @Jackyards to quote for a mattress bag which could also serve as a mattress protector when the mattress is folded in two. This would have velcro fastenings not a zip.

mattress bag.jpg

Overwinter I improvised something like amarilos mattress bag from a 2m wide plastic tarp. Used the eylets to join a cross the top with some chord, gorilla tape to join down the sides then hung on the garage wall along with the shelf using chord from the eylets.

On top of wardrobe in a duvet cover .
It’s the metal frame which is a pain in daily running mode...
all reunited when we head off on a jolly however

It is a problem, especially if, as like us, you are continually reconfiguring your van from 7 seat MPV with four child seats, to a five seater with boot space for bikes, to four berth sleeping accommodation.

As you suggest, we are considering asking Denise @Jackyards to quote for a mattress bag which could also serve as a mattress protector when the mattress is folded in two. This would have velcro fastenings not a zip.

View attachment 44126

I like your plan. We have the same issue in that we mainly use the Beach as a 7 seater so change things around a lot although if the mattress was covered I might leave it in the van a bit more than at present and I could put it in the garage when I need the space.

I'm thinking of buying some material and attacking it with my wife's sewing machine, I'd like to make something where the whole top zips Velcros open to get the mattress in and it has a couple of webbing straps around it so it could be easily carried by two people as opposed to me wobbling through the house with it as at present.

I like your design though as a mattress protector is also something I need to sort.

Back