Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How far should rear ocean seat move in its rails?

P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all. Checked the forum for an answer to this but couldn’t find it.
When I move the seat it leaves at least a foot of silver rail showing and the grey end bits. Should it slide all the way forward/back to the grey stop ends?? Thanks Polomint

No, you are hitting the end stops inside the seat rails. That's as far as it goes without getting your tool kit out. Then if you drop the seat back it makes the bed automatically the right size.

they are inside the rail , one at the front and one at the back - probably in the rail furthest from the sliding door.

Put your finger in to part the rubber and look up and down with a torch - you should be able to feel and see it. It's a single screw in the middle then you can push it down to the plastic caps are take it out. job done - then the seat will move all the way forwards and backwards at the expense of not being able to automatically stop it at the "correct point"

The end stops can be removed with a screwdriver, then the bench will be able to slide all the way fwd up to the back of the front seats, or all the way to the rear, with headrests tilted down up to the tailgate if you remove the parcel shelve

The end stops can be removed with a screwdriver, then the bench will be able to slide all the way fwd up to the back of the front seats, or all the way to the rear, with headrests tilted down up to the tailgate if you remove the parcel shelve
If you change your mind can the stops go back in or are they damaged?

They can. It's basically a bolt screwed into a special shape nut . You just have to screw them back in.

old thread with pictures

it's just a piece of metal with a screw through

They can. It's basically a bolt screwed into a special shape nut . You just have to screw them back in.
Excellent. Thanks Calimili. Just need to keep them in a safe place, but not so safe you can’t remember where they are.
I’m liking the idea of the having more living space in the van on short trips (when we don’t carry much) or longer trips (when we can debus kit in to an awning).
Getting the bench seat further forward would be good for when we start travelling with the grandkids again. During lockdown the little one has well embraced the terrible twos and knows just how to wind up her 5 year old sister!

Thankyou everyone. I will have go at moving the front one. I dont want to remove, just need a few extra inches/cms to get bike in easier at the back, well at least once I have lined it to keep it clean. Would like to make a 3 sided box which unclips in the corners, still a work in progress in brain

Rlly, doesn’t matter how old they are, it will still be the same. Sorry for this bad news

Back