Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long till you got your build slot?

Black.Sheep.Cali

Black.Sheep.Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Am I being impatient? We placed the order 3weeks ago and not heard anything.

This is our first campervan. Literally never owned one before, so know nothing and seems like now they have the deposit we are forgotten about a little.

Also very excited and want to order stuff.

We ordered our Westfalia Sven Hedin in January and were told to expect it around the end of August but I expect it to be after that!

We ordered our Westfalia Sven Hedin in January and were told to expect it around the end of August but I expect it to be

But you have no confirmed build slot yet?

Am I being impatient? We placed the order 3weeks ago and not heard anything.

This is our first campervan. Literally never owned one before, so know nothing and seems like now they have the deposit we are forgotten about a little.

Also very excited and want to order stuff.
Yes you are slightly. You should get an update around 4-5 weeks I would think.
In the meantime just look through the countless pages on here and pass the time thinking about all the accessories you will clearly need that you didn’t know existed!

Yes you are slightly. You should get an update around 4-5 weeks I would think.
In the meantime just look through the countless pages on here and pass the time thinking about all the accessories you will clearly need that you didn’t know existed!
The list just gets longer and will never stop I’m guessing.

Wheels and tyres are first, bit of a lead time on the wheels. but I’ll have a few bits ready for pick up day.

Cannot wait!

The list just gets longer and will never stop I’m guessing.

Wheels and tyres are first, bit of a lead time on the wheels. but I’ll have a few bits ready for pick up day.

Cannot wait!
I see you are getting the GC 680 fab van what style wheels are you putting on and are the company fitting the wheels as well as we want to upgrade the 16" steel wheels it comes with to 17" alloys we live in York and I can't find a decent company that will supply and fit and also swap over the tyre sensor pressure valves :)

Last edited:
In many ways, i'm envious! We have a different challenge. On Friday, we had no intention of parting with our T6 Ocean. Then we were introduced to some 'stock vans' and VW's latest efforts to entice people into them. It worked....

This Wednesday we're picking up the new van, having spent half of the weekend removing accessories, solar panels, etc from our Ocean. Mayhem! And now the mrs is rushing around searching for new bedding and accessories.... :D Oh if only we had time to prep and collect gear :D

I see you are getting the GC 680 fab van what style wheels are you putting on and are the company fitting the wheels as well as we want to upgrade the 16" steel wheels it comes with to 17" alloys we live in York and I can't find a decent company that will supply and fit and also swap over the tyre sensor pressure valves :)
Yes, I’ve been talking to Transporter HQ “Mikey” and they have altered a design from the Navis Gelida-AT which would enable them to be 1250kg load rated these would be a 1 off forged set at the moment and they can swap over the TPMS and fit on the day.

IMG_5425.jpeg

In many ways, i'm envious! We have a different challenge. On Friday, we had no intention of parting with our T6 Ocean. Then we were introduced to some 'stock vans' and VW's latest efforts to entice people into them. It worked....

This Wednesday we're picking up the new van, having spent half of the weekend removing accessories, solar panels, etc from our Ocean. Mayhem! And now the mrs is rushing around searching for new bedding and accessories.... :D Oh if only we had time to prep and collect gear :D
New toy to enjoy though. We wanted to convert our own and I had everything kind of how we thought we wanted it. No shower cubicle then rented a Cali and kind of liked having it although for me takes up to much retail space but understand being off grid more often can be challenging

Is that load rating enough for these vans do you know?
It wasn’t for the GC680 we have on order. 3.88t and largest axle rating was 2380kg so this was why I asked if they could do a change allowing it to be 1250kg load rating per wheel.

Back