Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How long between order & build date?

F

ferret99

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, I placed a deposit on a new Cali about a month ago but have not been given any information on when it might arrive, other than the dealer's initial advice. How long does getting at least an estimated build week take? I would have thought VW could predict when a van might be built based on factory production and current orders reasonably reliably.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi, I placed a deposit on a new Cali about a month ago but have not been given any information on when it might arrive, other than the dealer's initial advice. How long does getting at least an estimated build week take? I would have thought VW could predict when a van might be built based on factory production and current orders reasonably reliably.

Thanks,
Chris

We got a confirmed build date exactly two months after we placed the order.

Placed order mid February, given provisional build date of this week at end of February. Still no confirmation of actual build date :-(

Placed our order in mid March , have had no conformation on any build date or week number. Only the dealer said we would take delivery sometime in August ! Don't have a clue on week numbers or build dates , seems delivery to dealers is even a problem not to mention dsg gear box or alcantara seat coverings , no I read even speaker option is also a problem , just have to wait n see !

I placed my order early March, been told its being built next week....! It has DSG gearbox as well....

Just call the dealer. August will be good going del

Ordered mid January, estimated build week given to me about a month later as week 16. Confirmed build week was week 16 and was informed end of March. Taking delivery end of next week hopefully as camper was at the docks 9th May but delayed due to an admin cockup. Should be at the dealers' today. Waiting for the phone to ring!

I enquired on Friday and was told I' d be looking at Oct/ November for delivery. Long time to wait

Thanks everybody. Sounds like I have maybe another month to wait, although it will be interesting to see if it's the Oct the dealer iloriginslky estimated.

Don't like to speak to the dealer too much on the phone, preferably face to face ! Picking up an ocean demonstrater for next weekend, so will have a wee chat with David then . Hopefully he can give us a better indication on arrival of the new van

Update:- Been told it's been built now and is on its way to uk. Fingers crossed!

first bits of DSG good news in a long time! Chuffed for you and hopeful for others!

Thanks, let's just hope that things get sorted for the other members waiting for their vans. We ordered our 150 DSG ocean early March but were originally told delivery in September... We then looked at buying an ex-demo which was available end of June. We just wanted a can for the summer of course! However we had some good news recently to say our van will be built in week 22 and on Monday were were told its built and in the way to the uk. Needles to say we are reverting to our factory order. So yes good news and also my dealer has been great in keeping me in the loop. Happy days!

Thanks, let's just hope that things get sorted for the other members waiting for their vans. We ordered our 150 DSG ocean early March but were originally told delivery in September... We then looked at buying an ex-demo which was available end of June. We just wanted a can for the summer of course! However we had some good news recently to say our van will be built in week 22 and on Monday were were told its built and in the way to the uk. Needles to say we are reverting to our factory order. So yes good news and also my dealer has been great in keeping me in the loop. Happy days!

I ordered a 150 DSG Ocean in Mid Feb and have an estimated September/October build date, the VW build lottery is hard to understand at best.

I ordered a 150 DSG Ocean in Mid Feb and have an estimated September/October build date, the VW build lottery is hard to understand at best.

Yep. Ordered a DSG beach mid-February and had my delivery moved from early July to late October. have got the VW Executive office trying to sort the mess out and they've managed to get it pulled forward now to late September (maybe). Problem is I don't trust that potential date and also don't really feel like giving VW my money as they frankly don't deserve it!

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris, I ordered my new Cali about two weeks ago and was told it will be Oct 2016 at the earliest, still awaiting a firm date. Still having some sleepless nights worrying having never even driven a van before never mind a Cali!! Can't wait

Ordered 150 DSG Beach 27 April.

Given a confirmed week 41 build date (week beginning 10 October).

After delivery the garage will use it as a demonstrator for 3 months, but will loan it to me from December until the 3 months is up.

Tom

Ordered 150 DSG Beach 27 April.

Given a confirmed week 41 build date (week beginning 10 October).

After delivery the garage will use it as a demonstrator for 3 months, but will loan it to me from December until the 3 months is up.

Tom

I read, pretty sure on here that demonstrators get bumped up the queue. So it seems that you approach is a very efficient way to get what you want. Taking notes for next time. :thumb

I ordered amid-May, but the dealer did say that they had an existing order in which could be amended to my spec.

Update on my California. Ordered early March. Built week 22. Arrived at the dealers this week. Pick up next week. 150 DSG. Ocean. Oryx White. Minimal options. Front and rear parking sensors, tinted glass, discover media navigation plus and wifi, extra seat second row, bike rack to tailgate and 30mm lowering springs. Very much looking forwards to start of many trips with my family spending lots of quality time together. Very excited! My thoughts are with those still waiting. My original build week was out there in September but a few weeks ago I had the news that the build week was 22. sibce then it's all happened very quickly. Still haven't bought any gas yet! Have managed to get some seat covers to keep the little grubby fingers away from pristine cloth... :)

Our Cali arrived today. Ordered 23/03/16. Built in week 22. Picked up 30/06/16. Very happy and well worth the wait. I think we were lucky that the spec we chose didn't cause any delays.

Just had an update this weekend, our new Cali is built and on a ship to the uk . Our order was put in on 14th of April with a build week of 25 . Was quite surprised to hear it's on it's way, due to all the problems with vans ordered .

Back