Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to fit Jackyards seat covers - filmed at Breeze Van Centre, Poole

Jackyards

Jackyards

Jackyards Bespoke Seat Covers
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We’ve been working in partnership with Breeze for a while now and they very kindly let us display our seat covers in their vans... Check out this video for a sneak peek! :D

Their Poole showroom is back open to the public again so if you're local, why not pop down and have a browse? You can also see our covers up close then too!

Head over to our online shop to order your very own set of Jackyards today...

HI Denise, could you do a similar video for the 3 seater beach? I cant get my covers looking as neat as yours on this video on my 3 seater beach....too many seatbeats and clips!

HI Denise, could you do a similar video for the 3 seater beach? I cant get my covers looking as neat as yours on this video on my 3 seater beach....too many seatbeats and clips!

Do you know that the bench seat cushion can lift up to make the fitting, or refitting after washing dead easy? It wasn’t until after several washes that I realised that lifting the seat made the whole refitting procedure so much easier.

Do you know that the bench seat cushion can lift up to make the fitting, or refitting after washing dead easy? It wasn’t until after several washes that I realised that lifting the seat made the whole refitting procedure so much easier.
oh no...I didnt know that....how do you do it? Had the cali since April 2018 and still keep finding new things....

oh no...I didnt know that....how do you do it? Had the cali since April 2018 and still keep finding new things....
Remove any child seats, and simply lift from the front. It sort of tilts and the back of the bench seat comes up too - but you do need to hold or prop it up or it will just drop back down into place, so refitting the seat covers is still a little tricky, but you can get a good tight fit of the cover in exactly the right place.

Chrumbs. I was just about to replace my Inka seat covers after 5yrs and thought I would take a look.

I really like the style of these but they always look to be a very loose fit, ill fitting really, which I really struggle with given the high cost. Looks really uncomfortable. Saw them fitted at Poole which did nothing to change my opinion. I want to love them because they do look good but can’t help feeling it’s style over substance; there seems to be much better fitted covers out there for far less money, or am I missing something?

I really like the style of these but they always look to be a very loose fit, ill fitting really, which I really struggle with given the high cost. Looks really uncomfortable. Saw them fitted at Poole which did nothing to change my opinion. I want to love them because they do look good but can’t help feeling it’s style over substance; there seems to be much better fitted covers out there for far less money, or am I missing something?
They do look very stylish and are comfortable well mine are

They are well fitted. They may appear loose due to the material. It’s not stretchy so won’t wrap round the contours. As a result they definitely appear like a removable cover vs second skins or retrimmed seats.

The benefit however is they are very resistance to water/stains, very durable, colours don’t fade and are comfortable. The material breaths so you won’t get sweaty sitting on them like some other waterproof seats.

even with the very slight sag I still think they look incredible and suit the cool vibe of the California. Gives the interior a real lift. Each to their own. Some may prefer the sporty look of the gti second skins or faux leather look of the inkas. I like the custom look these give our vans.

They are very pricey though. Can’t deny that. But they are individually taylored and locally built which explains that. I suspect that gives them resale value. Although not seen anyone parting with theirs yet.

Pre teenage kids, dog and active outdoors. There was no way we were going to keep the faux leather/suede looking nice for long. I think of the Jackyards as a tracksuit rather than a tailored suit if you get my drift. Style subjective but I really like them and that became part of the purchase decision. Definitely great alternatives out there inc loose, fitted and reupholstery.

A545B6D6-F374-4A8D-B515-C43000CF2A07.jpeg

72E7A22E-F8FB-401C-AD39-A80F9C15F979.jpeg

They are well fitted. They may appear loose due to the material. It’s not stretchy so won’t wrap round the contours. As a result they definitely appear like a removable cover vs second skins or retrimmed seats.

The benefit however is they are very resistance to water/stains, very durable, colours don’t fade and are comfortable. The material breaths so you won’t get sweaty sitting on them like some other waterproof seats.

even with the very slight sag I still think they look incredible and suit the cool vibe of the California. Gives the interior a real lift. Each to their own. Some may prefer the sporty look of the gti second skins or faux leather look of the inkas. I like the custom look these give our vans.

They are very pricey though. Can’t deny that. But they are individually taylored and locally built which explains that. I suspect that gives them resale value. Although not seen anyone parting with theirs yet.
I wasn’t sure how to respond, so I didn’t, but you have expressed my view perfectly.

That said, after 3 1/3 years and 60,000 miles, our driver’s seat cover is showing some signs of wear.

I have never understood Jackyards. The (lack of) fit looks terribly cheap, yet the price is similar to Brandrup and GTI covers.

I get that some of the designs are appealing, but I couldn’t live with the loose fit look. If I had wanted a tracksuit look, rather than tailored suit look (great analogy by the way @DUB10 ), I would have bought a conversion. If they made them decently fitting, I would consider them.

Sorry, just my opinion

Comfortable, front seats fit really well.
Back seats need constant readjustment
I like mine but feel were well overpriced

A key difference is that each set of Jackyards covers is bespoke.

Granny’s hand knitted sweater vs M&S Pure New Wool.

yep. You can ring Denise. She’ll take the time to talk to you explain things, advice on colours and even accept customisations. You don’t get that with “off the shelf”. Bespoke is always going to be way more expensive than factory pre made.
Everyone has different taste. I wouldn’t recommend for everyone. But those that have them seem very happy.

Comfy and unlike me stylish best thing we bought but then again we have a 6 year old little un and a basset hound. Not the cheapest but that’s the joy of having a bespoke seat cover for your own van. I love em

F8B23588-623D-4037-A358-127D8CCF9ED0.jpeg

Still like ours after a year of use. Only issue is keeping the Bench base cover in place. I noticed in the video what looks like a different velcro setup. We have a long loop that has to be secured from behind the seat. I wonder if the video shows a MK2 version.

Still like ours after a year of use. Only issue is keeping the Bench base cover in place. I noticed in the video what looks like a different velcro setup. We have a long loop that has to be secured from behind the seat. I wonder if the video shows a MK2 version.
I don't have a problem with the bench cover, but perhaps the two child seats hold it in place.

How to raise the 3 seat bench seat for fitting the Jackyards bench seat cover.
011e6d33e575dbd8d650b85e20010b88.jpg

Lift the seat base and jam open with two headrests.

b8f4a6cf88cca32537309b7c390c8e10.jpg

Plenty of room below to fit the bench seat base cover and get those straps nice and tight.

Shot down to Poole at super short notice yesterday. Which in hindsight was stupid as they didnt have a California or the seat covers.

I had Melvin and Moon covers on my Defender and they were fantantasic but did fit a lot tighter then the Jackyard covers (based on the photos) On the fence and need to make a decision. I'm conviced that my two Boxers will demolish the rear cover. Wife likes the colour options.