morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
C35134F9-293C-4224-83D1-EB383B323054.jpegEach time we pitch up
The awning is attached to van at perfect spot
Then we come back and I end up winding the awning out to get a good fit
Other than markers in the grass any tips welcome

leave small chocks in place on the ground for position and drive back up to them, also as Amarillo said peg out some string as a marker from the front to the back wheels......

leave small chocks in place on the ground for position and drive back up to them, also as Amarillo said peg out some string as a marker from the front to the back wheels......
Perfect!

What is your objection to markers on the grass or pitch?

I peg out a 2.5m cable parallel with the wheels and reverse alongside. Perfect alignment every time.

2cb9900327007a044b0031c6a6111ede.jpg

The daisy marks the centre of the wheel. All I need do is look out of the window and reverse parallel to and alongside the line, stopping when the daisy is aligned with the centre of the wheel.

When not a marker, the cable is used to lock the bikes together and to the bike rack.

Last edited:
Well looks like it’s a marker line then
Just thought it looked odd left on a pitch grass or hard standing but it works

2cb9900327007a044b0031c6a6111ede.jpg

The daisy marks the centre of the wheel. All I need do is look out of the window and reverse parallel to and alongside the line, stopping when the daisy is aligned with the centre of the wheel.

When not a marker, the cable is used to lock the bikes together and to the bike rack.
Great idea, I like it! You could maybe also attach some sort of plaque to it (number plate size?) with a ‘pitch in use/no parking’ message.

Great idea, I like it! You could maybe also attach some sort of plaque to it (number plate size?) with a ‘pitch in use/no parking’ message.
Um. wouldn’t the awning mark the pitch as occupied ??