Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to use recent and new posts, and email alerts?

Dottie

Dottie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am confused!

I would like to look in one place only to see all recent posts but am finding that not all are listed in one place? What is the difference between recent and new posts?

I like the weekly email of popular posts but would like to turn off all other email alerts...how do I do that?

I am confused!

I would like to look in one place only to see all recent posts but am finding that not all are listed in one place? What is the difference between recent and new posts?

I like the weekly email of popular posts but would like to turn off all other email alerts...how do I do that?
RECENT POSTS are the posts in chronological order.
EMAIL ALERTS relating to threads - Bottom R hand of post has WATCH /UNWATCH thread.

Also if you go into your Account you will see "Alert Preferences" where you can select which emails you are signed up for.

I find best way is to go to "Recent Posts", then bookmark it.

I was a bit confused about the difference with "New Posts", thanks for explaining that.

I check only by recent posts , sevral times a day so don't mis out on anything....

Same here i usually view through tapatalk which keeps everything simple - I find the forum too confusing nowadays when I view on my pc

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Thanks all....that'll be tonight's techi training sorted.....

Same here i usually view through tapatalk which keeps everything simple - I find the forum too confusing nowadays when I view on my pc

Sent from my Galaxy S6

It is very easy, when you arrive at the website click on new posts, you will then see all the new posts since you last logged in, it will also remember what you viewed in Tapatalk which seems very clever. If you are looking for something specific you can look under the different categories or use the search. Easy Peezzy ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S6

It is very easy, when you arrive at the website click on new posts, you will then see all the new posts since you last logged in, it will also remember what you viewed in Tapatalk which seems very clever. If you are looking for something specific you can look under the different categories or use the search. Easy Peezzy ;)

I have now unticked all alerts but am still getting hundreds of emails.
Can you help?

I have altered a few of your settings see how you get on

Back