Can we have more than 5 latest posts?

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to have more than 5 latest posts, I always just use search.php?search_id=newposts to catch up on what i've missed, but unless I check everyday I'll probably miss posts.

Something like 20 - 30 posts would be more useful, not sure how easy this is to do?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

If you click on View unread posts at the top (under the SMG banner) this will then show all the posts you have not read since your last login.

It's funny you mention this. :clap

I was thinking at the weekend do people miss posts here and I thought I would start a thread to ask how people use the forum.

For me I use 'View Unread Posts' which then shows everything I've not read or marked as read. Then before leaving the forum I once again 'View Unread Posts' to pick up any made whilst I've been browsing before then selecting "Board Index' followed by 'Mark Forums Read'.

I have tried TapaTalk but really cannot get on with it and I think I can miss posts with that.

I've gone the other way to you Stu and now pretty much only view the forum on tapatalk. I can easily see all the unread posts by choosing "unread", I tend to just view that and "participated" to see the threads I've posted in.
I've got so used to tapatalk that I now struggle to use the forum through my desktop browser so tend not to bother anymore.

Freeley said:
I've gone the other way to you Stu and now pretty much only view the forum on tapatalk. I can easily see all the unread posts by choosing "unread", I tend to just view that and "participated" to see the threads I've posted in.
I've got so used to tapatalk that I now struggle to use the forum through my desktop browser so tend not to bother anymore.

One thing I didn't like about TapaTalk, maybe it's changed or can be changed in settings, was that it strips out a lot of the information available in a post, namely signature and user details. Is that something I should have sorted out in the settings?

I use TapaTalk almost exclusively now, but agree that it is a nuisance not being able to view the signature- would be good if anyone has found a workaround for this.

Exactly my point, and in which case you'll not be seeing things like this -

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 17.57.23.png

Yeah it is a bit of a pain but I wouldn't have been going to the firework display anyway lol

Freeley said:
Yeah it is a bit of a pain but I wouldn't have been going to the firework display anyway lol

I could have been giving fivers away :laugh2 :smile

Larkrise said:
I use TapaTalk almost exclusively now, but agree that it is a nuisance not being able to view the signature- would be good if anyone has found a workaround for this.

I also use TapaTalk, View Unread almost exclusively.

Signatures can be viewed by 'tapping' the avatar on the post. So they are viewable but it takes a bit of extra effort.

Steve

doesn't 'view active topics' do what you want, or have I misunderstood?

As Martin stated "View unread posts" works perfectly, just didn't see the link before.

Back