Surely, the whole point of visiting Scotland is to enjoy:
the scenery
the tranquility
the isolation
relatively quiet roads
good places to eat
it avoids flying
etc.etc.
Cali owners wanting to visit for the first time are using this forum to ask for advice and, by-and-large are getting information based on pre-covid 19 experience.
My feeling, based on feedback from friends and neighbours in Assynt, one of the most beautiful parts of the mainland, is that for the time-being Scotland is best avoided. It is, quite simply, overcrowded with tourists to the point where most of the reasons for visiting are negated.
I would love to be proved wrong. Lets hear from those who do venture north of the border on how their holiday went. I do not plan to visit again until the autumn at the very earliest, but would happily return sooner if I have been misinformed.

Surely, the whole point of visiting Scotland is to enjoy:
the scenery
the tranquility
the isolation
relatively quiet roads
good places to eat
it avoids flying
etc.etc.
Cali owners wanting to visit for the first time are using this forum to ask for advice and, by-and-large are getting information based on pre-covid 19 experience.
My feeling, based on feedback from friends and neighbours in Assynt, one of the most beautiful parts of the mainland, is that for the time-being Scotland is best avoided. It is, quite simply, overcrowded with tourists to the point where most of the reasons for visiting are negated.
I would love to be proved wrong. Lets hear from those who do venture north of the border on how their holiday went. I do not plan to visit again until the autumn at the very earliest, but would happily return sooner if I have been misinformed.
It’s busy in the usual popular spots and, at the same time, some remote communities have respectfully asked for tourists to delay their visits, so that’s putting extra demands on those popular mainland/ better connected spots.

My advice would be to think ahead about how popular your route and destinations are likely to be, be considerate of risks/ impacts being put on remote communities and then make your choice as to whether that will make for a good and safe trip.

My experience on a recent trip was consistent with the vision you describe - amazing scenery, tranquility, albeit not isolation (not what we were after on that trip).

Northumberland and Lake District are typically also good options depending where you’re based, although I’ve not been to either since pre-Covid.

We visited Isle of Lewis/Harris for 6 days a fortnight ago & had a great time. Majority of campsite were still closed at the time which helped keep the masses away I guess. Certainly not overcrowded by any means not even by midgies!

The Lakes too I am afraid.....

I live in South Lakes and volunteer for the National Park in a number of capacities - currently the only duties are Visitor Support and Fix the Fells (footpath maintenance). Visitor Support is a new duty for 2020 - to deal with the huge numbers of cars trying to visit; to talk and engage with visitors and help them make good decisions to enhance their visit. Visitors are regularly telling me that they would normally be abroad at this time and are in the Lakes as an alternative to being away on a plane. The car parks are busy at 09.00, mostly full by 10.00 and 'overflow and contingency options' are deployed early on. The status of car parks can be checked on lakedistrict.gov.uk/visit - Safer Lakes. It is a traffic light system reporting on all car parks. When a car park shows red, then it is over two thirds full, but they all fill quickly.

The high fells are still great places to visit. Fix the Fells expected to complete the 'catch up' maintenance of paths programme in three months. Due to the lack of use during 'lockdown' and good weather, we have completed the task in one month since resuming our duties.

Come and visit the high fells. Come early in the day and get parked. Enjoy great walking, climbing,swimming, boating and scenery. National Parks (soon to be designated National Landscapes) are for us all to enjoy and treasure. It is possible to get away from the crowds and appreciate the tranquillity. Please be careful about where you 'wild camp' as the patrols are moving vans and tents on when in inappropriate places.

In a normal year I spend anything between eight and ten weeks in Scotland. Not this year, yet. I am waiting for the Scottish Schools to go back, the pressure of visitors (areas like Assynt and the NC 500) to lessen and the possibility of a great autumn weather. Sounds like other like minded Cali owners will be there too....