Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Husband laughs at first attempt...

Pyabies

Pyabies

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all,
Now we use our van in lots of settings... Hooked up with on site loos, drive away awning or no awning... Festivals etc. I've been thinking about festival season and wanting a lightweight (I.e no drive away awning) solution to having my own loo! And here's my first attempt! On the drive not pegged out... What do you think? (It's 2 side panels off of our 3m pop up gazebo!)

image.jpg

As a quick solution... nothing wrong with that at all... does the job.

Pegged out would look fine.

Nice work.

Rgds
Mark

Alright for FREE I thought, a couple of pix to show where/how I attached it, might stick some eyelets along the bottom a tie elastics for pegging around. Quick to take down in a gale I thought and almost takes up zero room flat (more room for cider) Another bonus is I can happily sleep solo with the side door open!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looks good :thumb one word of warning I made something similar several years ago
The Velcro at the top you have going round the awning arms will struggle to hold even in a slight wind as mine did. I found a zip much better :thumb

Thanks Mark and Kev,
Do you think it best to use a heavy duty lashing on van awning? Or would pegs at base be enough... Can't remember if van came with extra fixings ??

Pyabies said:
Thanks Mark and Kev,
Do you think it best to use a heavy duty lashing on van awning? Or would pegs at base be enough... Can't remember if van came with extra fixings ??

I'd recommend pegs through the feet just to locate them. Then use tie downs for the van awning to stop it being shifted by the windage on your awning. There are quite a few threads here about which types of tie down are best, so take your pick from these.