Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hydraulic pipes

B

Boz1972

VIP Member
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to post a photo of their Cali with the roof up at the point where the hydraulic hoses enter the front panel? I have just had my vehicle returned after spending 6 months with a couple of VW dealerships undergoing repairs to damage caused by a main dealer attempting to repair some bubbling paintwork. The hoses have had to be replaced but I am sure that they were originally encased within a protective casing.IMAG0214_zps310aa10b.jpg
IMAG0213_zpsbf112167.jpg
It also looks very messy.

Many thanks
Phil

Hi, Phil, yes, take it back - I'm currently miles away from my Cali but it certainly does not look like that!

Thanks for that.
You would not believe how many times it has been back already. It is not the only issue either. Its had 2 new head linings, all the interior plastic trim replaced and been repainted three times, Once it is all sorted I will post the issues I have had and the questions people need to ask the dealer to hopefully stop anyone else from experiencing the same problems. It is currently being dealt with by VW Customer Care so I cant name names. Its a pity because we have had the van since nearly new and love it but have lost a whole season of use.

Looks like something from cowboy builders :sad

Deffo got the plastic covers missing off those pipes fella :-(

Thanks everyone. With a bit of luck it will be ready for the spring
Phil

The whole think looks more than messy looks like someone has run a muck with gaffa tape and a tube of bath room mastic l would be blowing a gasket if my van was fixed like that

Thats tidy compared with what the original garage left it like. The cost of the repairs for what was initially some bubbling paint on the roof and apparently a 3 day job is now in excess of 7K and thats without any compo for my loss of time, 6 months MOT, TAX and insurance not to mention the depreciation of not having the vehicle for 6 months and having to cancel our summer trips etc.... Its a pity its a 09 plate or i think i would have been entitled to a new vehicle by now. The only silver lining is VW are so embarrassed by the dealer that they are paying for it.

I think a free warranty extension is well deserved at that point as well!

I got to three weeks, then demanded a replacement vehicle when there was little sign of them having a clue. After talking to VWCS and dealership director a swap for an equivalent vehicle was done. I did explain that this was my 5th VW from that dealership group and reminded them of the total cost (a bit of a shock to me!)

Appalling. I have seen this sort of shoddy stupidity across vw, Audi, Mercedes main dealers.

Can you name and shame the dealers.

It would be better done by sending the op a personal message to find out the name of the dealership :thumb

I better not name and shame just yet as I am still in dispute with them. I think Cali owners are safe because they are not taking anymore in. They are not a lifestyle center. Feel free to pm me.
Cheers Phil

Boz1972 said:
I better not name and shame just yet as I am still in dispute with them. I think Cali owners are safe because they are not taking anymore in. They are not a lifestyle center. Feel free to pm me.
Cheers Phil

I understand of dispute still going on .. Get onto vwuk .....remember though they always want you to give good feedback ,so I wouldn't worry to much about giving some negative feedback to a job that is badly done

Phil
have you any updates on your pipe work is all sorted now ?

Hi
yes the Pipes are sorted now. i am still having problems getting anyone to take responsibility for the damage caused and the six months with out a vehicle. I am in the process of writing to VW head office in Germany to see if they know how some garages in the UK that carry their name treat customers and that VW Customer Care actually has limited power over them as they are all independent franchises!!!!!!! Watch this space........

Back