Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protecting underside wiring from damage caused by foxes etc

Mine‘s in again with two sensors affected - adblue and exhaust … not looking cheap.. so clearly the heavy duty foil they used last time plus anti rodent tape didn’t do the trick. So annoying! Looking to do the gas pipe and cable tie solution this time

Mine‘s in again with two sensors affected - adblue and exhaust … not looking cheap.. so clearly the heavy duty foil they used last time plus anti rodent tape didn’t do the trick. So annoying! Looking to do the gas pipe and cable tie solution this time
Might be worth talking to these guys at Hilltop, we use them at work.

Thanks v much - that looks like a great option. I’ve
sent them a message. I’ll keep you posted.

I ended enclosing the sensor wires in aluminium pipe, then attaching these anti climb/bird spikes to the piping with cable ties and chassis.
Also washed down the driveway with jeyes fluid as it smelled of foxes. Not had any issue since.

got the piping and spikes from Amazon.
If you have the option get a professional to do it.

E81C73BC-8F11-4D2F-8062-D4CF0A24CF8A.jpeg

Thank you v much for this suggestion. I bought some of the metal woven braid wrap and also stainless tie wraps and now have them on the main cables. See the pic.

However, 2 days after getting the van back from replacing the sensor (££) I had an “oil sensor: workshop!” amber message come on! Today I’ve had the wheel alignment done at wheels in motion in Chesham (v good) and while they were at it they had a look and found yet another chewed cable to the oil sensor! Luckily they spliced a new cable in for me and it all seems ok for now but I’m guessing this can‘t be foxes and prob a mouse, rat or squirrel, since it was underneath the protective engine cover under the sump. V frustrating … it never seems to end.

E4081885-B9E3-45CD-811A-68A1B176AE88.jpeg

B95C3941-D9AD-4AC6-A904-1C49BF425E05.jpeg

AF7E0424-3E9D-4EEF-B11B-0231790968F6.jpeg

C2EBFE83-755E-40D8-8B02-005395106CD8.jpeg

Thank you v much for this suggestion. I bought some of the metal woven braid wrap and also stainless tie wraps and now have them on the main cables. See the pic.

However, 2 days after getting the van back from replacing the sensor (££) I had an “oil sensor: workshop!” amber message come on! Today I’ve had the wheel alignment done at wheels in motion in Chesham (v good) and while they were at it they had a look and found yet another chewed cable to the oil sensor! Luckily they spliced a new cable in for me and it all seems ok for now but I’m guessing this can‘t be foxes and prob a mouse, rat or squirrel, since it was underneath the protective engine cover under the sump. V frustrating … it never seems to end.

View attachment 81154

View attachment 81155

View attachment 81156

View attachment 81157
Good to hear, hopefully the protection will stop the majority of damage

Back