Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I’m a California newbie this week

Agreed. I took it to Tesco this morning - first time I’ve enjoyed going food shopping!
I would not have been able to concentrate on shopping for worrying about my Cali in the carpark but to be fair the carpark should be quiet.

Enjoy your van when you can and as Boris said at least you will be left alone whilst playing. I hid in ours yesterday whilst working from home as my wife is also working from home. I am based at home she normally isnt. Say no more.

Welcome and hope you enjoy some time planning all the wonderful adventures you will have in a few months...

Hi we are new to being Cali owners as well and can only admire it on the driveway. Just playing with all the bits and pieces to find someone had ripped the bag open and pinched the shower head. Plus on getting it home and not being a Cali owner before I did not realise that a mattress topper was an extra, wish the salesman had have told us, obviously have a lot to learn. Shows that the PDI now needs to be questioned.

Hi we are new to being Cali owners as well and can only admire it on the driveway. Just playing with all the bits and pieces to find someone had ripped the bag open and pinched the shower head. Plus on getting it home and not being a Cali owner before I did not realise that a mattress topper was an extra, wish the salesman had have told us, obviously have a lot to learn. Shows that the PDI now needs to be questioned.
You certainly will need the topper. I can remember the first weekend away in ours. Went to Loch Lomond blowing an absolute gale. No mattress topper, up all night thinking what have we done.
felt like I was 100 yrs old in the morning.

ordered the topper straight away when I got home.

enjoy

RE Mattress Topper i swill sell you a brand new one that came from VW (Comfort Sleeping Mat still in wrapping) as we don't use the bottom bed for £100 less than what VW charged. Drop me a pm if interested.

Last edited:
You certainly will need the topper. I can remember the first weekend away in ours. Went to Loch Lomond blowing an absolute gale. No mattress topper, up all night thinking what have we done.
felt like I was 100 yrs old in the morning.

ordered the topper straight away when I got home.

enjoy
Thank you much appreciated

hi. I agree totally about the PDI. my bag was also ripped open and theres no check list to use to find out what should have been in there. I collected mine about an hour before the lockdown was announced. I was due to go back in the next day as they forgot to program the automatic locking at 5mph but that night the dealership messaged me to say they’d closed due to the lockdown. Have u got a UK hookup cable? I’ve a euro adapter for one but no UK one And no cable. there are accessories such as clip on cup holder (1) and a clip on towel rail but nothing else. What did yours include? Thanks!

hi. I agree totally about the PDI. my bag was also ripped open and theres no check list to use to find out what should have been in there. I collected mine about an hour before the lockdown was announced. I was due to go back in the next day as they forgot to program the automatic locking at 5mph but that night the dealership messaged me to say they’d closed due to the lockdown. Have u got a UK hookup cable? I’ve a euro adapter for one but no UK one And no cable. there are accessories such as clip on cup holder (1) and a clip on towel rail but nothing else. What did yours include? Thanks!
Hi thank you for your reply. Yes mine is a uk hook up although they informed to purchase a longer one as this would probably be too short on most sites. Only had a chip on cup holder. I cannot contact the dealer also, sent e mails but no one is answering.

Only the hook up adapter is included, you need to buy a 25m hookup lead. (other lengths are available):thumb

Only the hook up adapter is included, you need to buy a 25m hookup lead. (other lengths are available):thumb
Thanks for the message as it’s so confusing. I used to have the auto sleepers topaz firstly on a t4, then a couple of t5s and Finally a t5.1 for the end bathroom and they came with absolutely everything included. I much prefer the California despite the lack of bathroom and hot water. Would the California just have a euro plug adapter for a hook up cable and not a UK one? no hook up cable at all? Thanks again