Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Yorkshire

Yorkysimon

Yorkysimon

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all
I’m simon and i live in North Yorkshire , Ive just ordered my first motor home VW California ocean arrives the end of the month. i must admit not my first choice but price and some of the clever usage of space made me decided to go with it instead of the slightly more expensive offering from Mercedes, personal circumstances meant i had to take what was available quickly, I’m hoping to do nights away plus planning a tour of Ireland for a month or more when this dreaded lockdown is over and then I’ll see after that, any advice to a newbie will be gratefully received.especially the essential items would be a great help,
cheers
Simon

:welcome Welcome and congratulations on your order.
If you use the search function (magnifying glass on menu bar) you will hopefully find many answers to your questions. Happy reading...

:welcome
Stuff to buy? My advice is don't go overboard and buy as you go along on the basis of need (And everyone is different).
If you buy loads of stuff before you set off you could find, like so many of us have, that when you get back you put a good deal of what you pre bought in your garage destined for ebay.
Do you have a drive way? Camp out for a couple of days before setting out to discover what you really need.
Enjoy your new life.

:welcome Simon, normal camping kit to start with we always travelled light in our Cali, once you've used it a few times you will get a feeling for what you need.

:welcome and congratulations on your purchase. It's a great friendly community here, with lots of advice and information available. Remember and post some pics when it arrives.

Thanks very one for the welcome, don’t think I’ll ever be off here trying to learn what to do and not to do, hopefully I will meet some o you in person when we are on our travels .
cheers Simon

Back