Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I feel quite proud of myself

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Calikev

[tt][/As per title I feel quite proud of myself. I have been wondering why vw thought it was a good idea to put an aux socket in the glove box.after trailing a wire from it to my iPhone
And not being able to close the glovebox I thought there must be a better way and there is.
I have moved the socket to a spare switch plate on the dash and it was quite easy.now I can just plug into the dash to listen to my iPod.you just undo the 5 tork screws on the glove box hidden under little covers once you have done this you can move it enough to unplug the wires from the aux socket.then you need to remove a spare blank on the dash and fish the wires through then just plug the socket back in and hey presto takes about 10 mins
Job done

Original post Calikev

couple of pictures of said modification

photo.jpg

6TnYjcLyOMddxVA_wlVI.jpg

Original post alf170

That is utter genius! Should be able to make it drag out to a whole morning activity though and get me out of Christmas shopping - woohoo!

This is what makes these forums so god.

Thanks Kev.

I don't seem to have an aux in. We have a 2008 Cali, would this have been an optional extra?

armyjones said:
I don't seem to have an aux in. We have a 2008 Cali, would this have been an optional extra?
Hi armyjones, unfortunately it was only fitted as standard from the 'Facelift' on models :cry:

Chris

Hi Armyjones.

We had a 2009 Cali and had a socket fitted to a spare blank in the dash by our local independent car audio shop. It worked with the original radio/cd player. I think it utilised the cd changer input. Cost about £80 and worked a treat.

Jules

I think that this is a great thread. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers for the tip Jules, might be worth thinking about.