Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I know there's loads of threads about awnings but....

LadyOfTheLakes

LadyOfTheLakes

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
......we have 2 big hairy (smelly when wet) dogs.
We want to have a driveaway awning style 'something' for them to sleep in but that is fully attached to the Cali and sealed underfoot to ensure that they don't escape or are tempted by a hare, rabbit, pheasant simply passing by - is there such a thing?

Thanks I'll have another look, really need something attached to Cali without gaps so we can leave the window open to keep an eye on them without them being able to join us in bed!

Thanks I'll have another look, really need something attached to Cali without gaps so we can leave the window open to keep an eye on them without them being able to join us in bed!
Only option is a drive-away tent , but much work to put up.
You also could go for the awning sides from Comfortz (sponsor on this forum) witch got also good comments by those using them. You do need to have a awning....

I think you might struggle as with all driveaways I have seen the 'tunnel' bit which attaches to the vehicle does not have sewn in groundsheet and then there is the obvious gap between the vehicle and the tent part itself, which will have it's own door anyway. The sides of the tunnel bit provide no security either to stop dogs that want to get out from getting out. IMO (having had one) a driveaway gives you nothing over a normal tent other than the ability to attach to the vehicle and provide some level of weather protection. You might be better looking at tent options maybe which are lower than the height of the Cali awning and which you can therefore put up virtually next to the Cali door

Thanks all. Been looking at every possible scenario and the Kela 2 driveaway looks the most promising so far. By pegging tight to ground in the tunnel, using the carpet to go up the sides with the Khyam Baffle Inflatable skirt it should all secure them well......I'll still be able to see them and reassure/silence them if need be.
Sounds alot of faff for the dogs but I think it would be too warm in the camper for them (+4 peeps) anyway. The hairy pair do love water and always seem to want to cuddle really really close when soggy!

Back