Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I name this ship...

theonecraw

theonecraw

aka Rioja
Vehicle
Cali now sold
As most of you have posted, the name of your Cali just kind of jumps out at you when it's ready. Ours did just that on our first night away, last weekend...

Quite simply my wonderful wife and I were enjoying a nice bottle of Spanish red wine and some tasty cheeses and meats. Everything was just perfect as I sat there feeling rather smug in my new Cali. That is until my wife's next taster of wine without the stand piece of the two piece camping glass which had come clean off the bottom of the stem as she picked it up. You can probably guess what happened next as she put the enormous as good as full to the brim glass/stem back on the fold out table (without the stand, just a pencil like shaft). The contents went absolutely everywhere, in the cupboards, in the runners, in the floor rails, on the passenger seat, in the hob/sink, all over me and up the walls and blinds. It was like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie but obviously not quite as amusing from my point of view. Hasten to add I spent the next hour cleaning and our Cali and it rightly got it's name.

I name this ship 'Rioja'...! :)

As most of you have posted, the name of your Cali just kind of jumps out at you when it's ready. Ours did just that on our first night away, last weekend...

Quite simply my wonderful wife and I were enjoying a nice bottle of Spanish red wine and some tasty cheeses and meats. Everything was just perfect as I sat there feeling rather smug in my new Cali. That is until my wife's next taster of wine without the stand piece of the two piece camping glass which had come clean off the bottom of the stem as she picked it up. You can probably guess what happened next as she put the enormous as good as full to the brim glass/stem back on the fold out table (without the stand, just a pencil like shaft). The contents went absolutely everywhere, in the cupboards, in the runners, in the floor rails, on the passenger seat, in the hob/sink, all over me and up the walls and blinds. It was like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie but obviously not quite as amusing from my point of view. Hasten to add I spent the next hour cleaning and our Cali and it rightly got it's name.

Oh dear, that sounds messy. I hope there was no lasting damage.

I did look at those two piece plastic wine glasses when equipping our SE but in the end decided that despite the impracticalities, good wine demanded good glasses. We now carry two elegant wine glasses which we keep wrapped in tea towels inside a dedicated click top plastic box.

I like your naming your van after your favourite tipple. This opens up a whole world of naming possibilities.

At least the spilled wine is for a good cause....
Baptism of your Cali...Rioja is....:thumb

I had that on first outing in France red wine all over cab seat but supagard just globuled it and it was wiped dry and spotless with kitchen roll! Luckily only the seat not your nooks and crannies job..nightmare!

You could have added this to the "list of accessories I wish I hadn't bought"

There but for the grace of God go we!

Last edited: