Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OK to be ahead of the game with a name?

H

HONESTVIKING1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
After a June 2022 deposit on a Fortana red Beach Camper and an alleged week 36 build this year, is it too early to give our much anticipated California a name?
Have other owners named their van prior to physical ownership or waited to get the feel of it?
As wine lovers and France 'holidayers' our future purchase has already been tagged 'Vin Rouge', cannot see us changing the name any time soon.

After a June 2022 deposit on a Fortana red Beach Camper and an alleged week 36 build this year, is it too early to give our much anticipated California a name?
Have other owners named their van prior to physical ownership or waited to get the feel of it?
As wine lovers and France 'holidayers' our future purchase has already been tagged 'Vin Rouge', cannot see us changing the name any time soon.
There is one part of "naming" and the other part is actually "using" it. Our van is named "Goldilocks", lovingly called Goldi. Our car is called Millie. Mille flows more easily off the tounge - "are you planning to use Mille", or "is Millie charged?", versus "are you planning to take Goldi", or "did you check the water fill level in Goldi". Not sure why. With the van, it is for some reason easier to use, "are you planning to take the van?", or "have you checked the water level in the van?".

I suspect that you may just end up calling it Vin :thumb

I think so yes.

I ordered mine June 2021 and, fingers crossed, should arrive in the next few weeks. Never given a vehicle a name in my life (well I did used to sometimes call a previous car after an ex because it would tell me off for speeding), but I thought the van should be different. Think I finally decided on the name in Autumn last year, so well ahead of having it.

I'm funding the purchase out of money inherited from my late parents so I initially thought about either of their names or some kind of combination. In the end I've chosen Lunar because it's the make of caravan they'd take us on holiday in as children and I'm also a bit of a space geek, having been a very young kid in the 70's with the Apollo missions on TV.

The colour (bayleaf green) is also the same as the car we would tow the caravan with.

There is one part of "naming" and the other part is actually "using" it. Our van is named "Goldilocks", lovingly called Goldi. Our car is called Millie. Mille flows more easily off the tounge - "are you planning to use Mille", or "is Millie charged?", versus "are you planning to take Goldi", or "did you check the water fill level in Goldi". Not sure why. With the van, it is for some reason easier to use, "are you planning to take the van?", or "have you checked the water level in the van?".

I suspect that you may just end up calling it Vin :thumb
K, good shout, I'll drink to that.

I think so yes.

I ordered mine June 2021 and, fingers crossed, should arrive in the next few weeks. Never given a vehicle a name in my life (well I did used to sometimes call a previous car after an ex because it would tell me off for speeding), but I thought the van should be different. Think I finally decided on the name in Autumn last year, so well ahead of having it.

I'm funding the purchase out of money inherited from my late parents so I initially thought about either of their names or some kind of combination. In the end I've chosen Lunar because it's the make of caravan they'd take us on holiday in as children and I'm also a bit of a space geek, having been a very young kid in the 70's with the Apollo missions on TV.

The colour (bayleaf green) is also the same as the car we would tow the caravan with.
Begize, enjoy Lunar, sure your parents would be proud of you.

Back